Do you follow a second team to ease the suffering?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
i have Lightning season tickets.... i'll go about 12-15 times this year... watching Stamkos is a treat.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Which means there are 2 teams you refuse to follow. May i ask which?

I bet he means he roots for 27 other teams. That's what I do :naughty:

Go every team that's not St. Louis or the Islanders!

Yupp, I root for every team but not the Isles or Blues this year. Normally I don't mind the Isles and am a fan of the Blues, but this year I hope the suffer catastrophic failure :handclap:

And also hope for many 3 point games. The further teams get from us and the bottom, the better in my eyes. Go team tank!

Bearbait

Mar 4, 2011
I follow the Minnesota Wild and the Minnesota Golden Gophers a little bit more than everyone else after the Sabres. But I watch a LOT of hockey, including high school and college. I always have a game on. I even have NHL archived games streaming in my office at work....

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I'd say I follow Erie of the OHL a lot...and not just because McDavid could be wearing the Blue & Gold next year. That offense they have is lethal, even with quite a few pieces from last season having moved on.

And you can add the Amerks to that list, too.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don't think I'll ever have a real 2nd team, though I like Columbus a bit. Mostly I've been doing what I did to satisfy my hockey cravings during the lockout though: watch prospects. I haven't paid much attention to the QMJHL yet, but I've watched quite a few games from the other 2 CHL leagues, and a handful of European league games. It's fun, in a year where we know the draft is going to be a big deal for us, to keep tabs on some of the eligible kids.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I sorta like the Rangers...only East team I can stand.

In the West I always pull for Minny, StL, and Vancouver. Except Van has Burrows and StL has to suck this year...so I guess just Minny.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Will probably get hate for this but I think Price and Subban are two of the best players in the league that also have some of the best personalities. So my 4 teams would be the Habs, Lightning, Hawks, and Wild. I am a fan of the way these guys play the game. I also enjoy watching the Ducks.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I watch a lot of Pens games with my GF, and Sharks because they're on late and we watched them a lot back in CA.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I've been following the Panthers since the lockout ended. They are two years ahead of us in the rebuild seemingly, Tallon has made good trades and signings, they just need a finisher up front. Wanted them to get Moulson this summer :D

This is how I feel about Minny, but they are yet another year or two ahead of Florida. It doesn't compare that well because Minny hasn't tanked, but they stacked up on prospects and now they've developed some and used others as currency and are starting to look really challenging. They've allowed four goals in five games and they've got two really good top lines that will keep opponents busy, giving room for their third line to score. I've got to watch more games before I decide, but I think this is a team that has the potential to go deep in the playoffs.

ZeroPT*

OHL, loving the QMJHL streams until I get enough money to get hockeystreams.com

I'm enjoying the Amerks alot this year. They're a fun bunch. In the NHL, I like the Sense because they're easy to catch and hometown. I find the BJ's to be really damn likeable. Same with the Isles (even though I want them to suck). When I stay up late I try and catch the Canucks. Bonino is turning into one of my favorite players.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
My second team has always been the Montreal Canadiens. Makes it tough when they are in your own division. Third favorite is Ottawa. Same deal there. I loved the Nordiques when they played but never followed them in Denver.

My wife has family down in Tampa and I'm down there 2-3 times a year. Always coordinate visits with a Lightning or Rays game - or the Blues Festival.

Canucks are my west coast team. I'll enjoy catching Miller play when I can.

I tend to follow the Amerks more and now also the Jackals.

Also just enjoy watching good hockey, so if there is a good matchup on TV, I'll tune in.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Like the Sabres and push for the wins every time even though we tank. Also grew up with, and like the Rangers. So there's that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad