Do you find the Coyotes enjoyable to watch, and do you?

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Been really busy lately so I've mostly skimmed boxscores/GDT's/highlights. Rabbit hit the nail on the head. I enjoy when guys on the team are successful. Also, when we play competent hockey (which seems to be rare), that's also enjoyable. I can sit and passively watch the team on TV, which isn't bad. It's harder to get the energy to drive to Glendale when the team is playing uninspired hockey and they have zero chance of making the playoffs.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Same here, I only voted yes to throw in a little positivity.
Whoops...I didn't even select the correct yes. It's been a rough season thus far but I've still watched or attended 90% of the games.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I enjoy the hell out of it! Can it get a little tough at times? Of course, but it's the tough times that make the good times all the better. A recent financial blip has me considering not getting tix next season, but I'm struggling with the thought of not going. Considering less expensive seats, but reality is I'd be best off not going, more than likely I'll find another way to ride out the blip, but even if I don't, I'll watch every game, home and away.

Whoops...I didn't even select the correct yes. It's been a rough season thus far but I've still watched or attended 90% of the games.

I'm with you guys. How can any hockey fan vote no? It's not always about winning. Sure winning is more fun, but in the Coyotes case, their rebuild is fun to watch. I still love watching OEL and the other vets, the emotions of the players, the kids developing right in front of our eyes and the excitement you see in their faces. Like kihekah19 mentioned, most do not understand how hard the game of hockey is to play. These players, both good and bad, spend almost their entire life, living and breathing hockey in the hopes of making it to the NHL someday. Hockey is just fun to watch, period.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I watch or go to pretty much every game. 42/48 in the poll watch or go too. So even though we are a bad team, 89% of us are still pretty hard core fans. It would be more enjoyable if they won more. The style of play is dictated by the game, players, rules, etc...It is fun when we rush the puck more and more goals would be better too. Realistically that is a result of soft goals, poor D, missed assignments. Unless they go to 4 on 4 hockey, scoring will continue to stay flat or go down.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I can't understand this either.

Combination of factors for me. I moved away from the valley to a small town with no ice rink, and thereby had to give up refereeing. That was emotionally crushing to be away from the hockey community in general, and the state the Coyotes' franchise is in is very depressing for me. Some of the games I've watched have reminded me of what it was like to be around a hockey city and I've had to turn it off to try to avoid crying (which usually failed anyway). In my case it might be better if hockey is out sight and therefore out of mind. :(

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Combination of factors for me. I moved away from the valley to a small town with no ice rink, and thereby had to give up refereeing. That was emotionally crushing to be away from the hockey community in general, and the state the Coyotes' franchise is in is very depressing for me. Some of the games I've watched have reminded me of what it was like to be around a hockey city and I've had to turn it off to try to avoid crying (which usually failed anyway). In my case it might be better if hockey is out sight and therefore out of mind. :(

Seems you're presently in the wrong place then.

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site

Yeah that sux. I moved to New Orleans from AZ a couple years ago and haven't seen a live game since. In fact, I was in Tucson and always thought how great it would be if my town had the Coyotes' farm club. Of course, just my luck, that happened AFTER I moved.:rant::rant::shakehead

I just watch the Coyotes on my laptop through a subscription. They'll get better, but some games have been pretty painful to watch this season. Some of the worst I have seen. I've watched almost every game so far, though. It's my escape. I love hockey.

If I paid money for a live game, and it turned out to be one of those turds, I'd be pretty pissed. But as it stands, I currently can't go to a live game. Tough to call. Not sure if one of the voting options fits me. At least there are TWO teams now Arizonans can go watch. My friendly advice? Go watch a forgen' game. Cuz u CAN!:)

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Yeah that sux. I moved to New Orleans from AZ a couple years ago and haven't seen a live game since. In fact, I was in Tucson and always thought how great it would be if my town had the Coyotes' farm club. Of course, just my luck, that happened AFTER I moved.:rant::rant::shakehead

I just watch the Coyotes on my laptop through a subscription. They'll get better, but some games have been pretty painful to watch this season. Some of the worst I have seen. I've watched almost every game so far, though. It's my escape. I love hockey.

If I paid money for a live game, and it turned out to be one of those turds, I'd be pretty pissed. But as it stands, I currently can't go to a live game. Tough to call. Not sure if one of the voting options fits me. At least there are TWO teams now Arizonans can go watch. My friendly advice? Go watch a forgen' game. Cuz u CAN!:)

Only 7 hrs to Dallas!

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I would prefer watching a rebuilding team to be honest. That said school, work and extra curriculars take up too much time

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Oh, I know! I've looked at the sked to see when the Coyotes come to Big D, and so far, I haven't been able to make it work. Hopefully this season! And hopefully, the "good" Coyotes will show up. ;)

:laugh: hope you can make it work, it will be a blast. I used to make a five hour to the big D, back when they played at Reunion. Saw some great games and always had fun!

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
I do admit with feeling some frustrations with this team.
The only time I'll miss a game is if I have a running race the next day and that's the only thing that takes priority.
I have shown my dissappointment through protest however..
I used to show up at 12 noon for a 7 o'clock game.
Now, no matter how excited I am to go (which is each and every game) I refuse to get there until 2.
If it continues, Im going to really show them and not get there until my lot opens up.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
The only time I'll miss a game is if I have a running race the next day and that's the only thing that takes priority.
Now, no matter how excited I am to go (which is each and every game) I refuse to get there until 2.
If it continues, Im going to really show them and not get there until my lot opens up.

Damn I'm jealous of all the time you have on your hands.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
I don't live near AZ, I live in an area that 20 years ago we lost our Hockey team. My experiences have taught me to appreciate the simple existence of a team I can feel loyal to. I watch every Coyotes game and have attended about 7 games so far this season. Mostly the road games on the East Coast or whenever I'm traveling or going to tech conferences.

While there have been a few games which I've simply turned off out of frustration, it really bothers me the frequent posters who obviously don't watch most of the games whose opinions is so strongly revered without merit. Most of whom, actually live in AZ and are too jaded to care.

I would really like to see a poll which asks how many of the games have you actually seen this season. Less than 20? Then spend less time on the forums and watch some film. It reminds me of those college aged kids who have thought about social issues for a few hours while stoned and want to share their radical ideas with you, it's embarrassing.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I dunno, seems to me reading the results we're at 80% of people watching games and another 7% who want to but can't watch many.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't live near AZ, I live in an area that 20 years ago we lost our Hockey team. My experiences have taught me to appreciate the simple existence of a team I can feel loyal to. I watch every Coyotes game and have attended about 7 games so far this season. Mostly the road games on the East Coast or whenever I'm traveling or going to tech conferences.

While there have been a few games which I've simply turned off out of frustration, it really bothers me the frequent posters who obviously don't watch most of the games whose opinions is so strongly revered without merit. Most of whom, actually live in AZ and are too jaded to care.

I would really like to see a poll which asks how many of the games have you actually seen this season. Less than 20? Then spend less time on the forums and watch some film. It reminds me of those college aged kids who have thought about social issues for a few hours while stoned and want to share their radical ideas with you, it's embarrassing.

Good post. Love your last paragraph.:laugh:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I dunno, seems to me reading the results we're at 80% of people watching games and another 7% who want to but can't watch many.

But how many know what they are watching and know what to watch for?:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

We need another 10k like you. Nice to see and so refreshing to read instead of the other negative crap on these boards. You are a real hockey fan and one that supports his team. :handclap:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
How can any hockey fan vote no?

It's actually quite easy to explain. For my part, watching games becomes far more than an exercise in entertainment. You live and die on each play, every lucky bounce and every mistake. And when a team like the Coyotes plays lackadaisically, as if they aren't invested in trying to succeed, it eats away at you.

Does that mean I'm taking the games too seriously? You bet! That's why I keep posting about consumer ROI and how hockey is a business and that we are not obligated to watch, support, purchase, etc. In a sense, I am trying to convince myself of that as well, because for me it's easy to forget in the heat of play.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
But how many know what they are watching and know what to watch for?:)

I enjoy watching lots of sports that I know almost nothing about...curling, luge, women's collegiate volleyball :naughty:, team pursuit, and uh...yeah...hockey. ;)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I enjoy watching lots of sports that I know almost nothing about...curling, luge, women's collegiate volleyball :naughty:, team pursuit, and uh...yeah...hockey. ;)

I do also, but reading your posts, I think you know a thing or two about hockey [MOD] :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad