Do you even want the playoffs or stanley cup awarded this year for the Leafs?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Yes, can you break down the other 18,000+ posts of yours as well.

Thanks in advance.
Sure. Work has me on the road a lot, frequently in hotels. I have times where I only see my home a few days over a few week period. On average, year round I spend less than half of each week in the city where I reside. When I run out of work related things to do (can only do so much via computer in the evening), I read (because I can't do the physical things I would if at home), mainly hockey. Over the course of a decade plus, guess what happens? Also explain why I said I have years worth of work I could do?

Last edited:

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Sure. Work has me on the road a lot, frequently in hotels. I have times where I only see my home a few days over a few week period. On average, year round I spend less than half of each week in the city where I reside. When I run out of work related things to do (can only do so much via computer in the evening), I read (because I can't do the physical things I would if at home), mainly hockey. Over the course of a decade plus, guess what happens? Also explain why I said I have years worth of work I could do?

5 posts/day is very hard work. :sarcasm:

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I'd love the cup this year. It would be hilarious watching the main boards spin it..it's a shitposting /troll dream come true!!!

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
5 posts/day is very hard work. :sarcasm:
4 posts but no it takes 10-20 minutes or less. When you stay in hotels or have already set aside time to watch the game or participate in a game day thread, really doesn't take much. Right now for instance, as I am sure you'll love to know, am unwinding for a half hour in the tub to soothe some sore muscles. Gone all weekend and got home at 10:10 PM. Spent the day building 4 raised planter boxes for a friend, applying landscape fabric. linseed oil, getting soil ready for them to add, removing a closet and a wall for them due to a flood, helping their neighbour remove a wall mounted box and install an air conditioner. Muscles and joints sore due to age. Then tomorrow is re-opening 4 offices and providing orientation to 70 staff although it appears that may be scuttled as I have a 20 ha fire to deal with. You?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The idea of finally winning and not being able to go outside or to a bar to celebrate or even having a parade is really depressing to think about. Honestly I'd rather a deep run before winning next season.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
No. Please god no. Change the rules so that the Leafs don't even compete for the Covid Cup.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I mean I'd rather the season just be cancelled for the health and safety of fans, players, and staff. But if the season resumes, yes? lol

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
of course you want to win.

1. Somebody has to win. Might as well be us.

2. Winning this would mean we are better placed to win future "real" cups as well.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It wouldn't be the best year to win it because no matter who wins it there will be an asterisk beside it, especially if the Leafs win it.

Well, maybe if you’re one of those 17-24 ranked teams crashing the party and you wouldn’t have been there if it was in the traditional format.

Winning 5 rounds to get to a cup isn’t exactly going to be easy.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Sure. With this team I can't afford to be greedy. Winning the Covid Cup is better than not winning anything at all. The odds are good that they'll win a more legitimate Stanley Cup in my lifetime. But do I really want to bet on that? I'd take even this weird as heck championship. Asterisk or not, it would still at least count on the Cup itself.

Maybe if we'd won a championship within the memory of most people on this board I could be more picky. But I'm finding the memories of the second round a bit foggy with how many years we haven't accomplished a darn thing. If we can win this thing then let's take it.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The experience that would be gained from a deep Cup run this year would be great for this group going forward. The circumstances of having to quarantine, the array of different teams and systems, the fast paced nature of this new post-season format, etc: all point to a cup run being beneficial. Also winning is winning at the end of the day, and I want to be able to say we won the Covid-cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad