Do you believe its an advantage, if you have brothers in the same team (same line)?

Do you believe its an advantage, if you have brothers in the same team (same line)?

• Total voters

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Who else thought Ulf and Kjell were brothers when they played in Pittsburgh? I just always assumed they were.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
as a sens fan it was fun talking about trading for Matthew Tkachuk, but when u think of Brady being the captain soon , you know it just wont work seeing ur little brother captain the team u play for must become a gut punch as a competitive hockey player.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This is the opposite of a simple question.

What if they play the same position? What if they don’t actually have chemistry? What if they’re 10 years apart in age? What if they’re step-brothers? What if one sucks? What if they both suck? :laugh:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
For purely anecdotal reasons I’ve always bought this. Growing up, I was decently coordinated and smart but average athletically. However my little brother was always flat out ridiculous at anything he touched (ACC athlete rn).

When we played together in anything, we had innate chemistry that I’ve never even come to close to matching with anyone else. It made me so much better. Back in the neighborhood we weren’t allowed to be on the same team playing pickup of whatever sport. So I can buy that there’s some advantage to having brothers on the same line given theyre both at least NHLers individually.

The trade boards care too much about uniting family members though, that’s for sure :laugh:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Lucha Bros would be a disadvantage. The guys can hardly skate and would take way too many penalties. Sedins on the other hand did pretty well. I guess, it depends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad