Do you believe its an advantage, if you have brothers in the same team (same line)?

Do you believe its an advantage, if you have brothers in the same team (same line)?

• Total voters

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not more beneficial than good chemistry between two random players. Although who says brothers will automatically have good chemistry with each other.

I guess they could be more loyal to the team than normal, wanting to play with each other. I don't know, Mikko Koivu said that him and Saku playing on the same team wouldn't have worked at all.

One good thing I can think of is marketing.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Has there been a better brother-d-pairing than the Hatchers? They may have been better separate though.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Assuming all else being equal, I guess the advantage could be improving morale/chemistry and encouraging them to re-sign etc.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I think the benefit would Moreno be about retaining players and while I have no way to prove it if they are both good players I'd assume increased initial chemistry since they are more familiar with how they play.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think you need to clarify off the bat that both players would be good players.

Obviously pairing a good player with a bad player doesn't work, my assumption is you're asking more specifically about tendencies and chemistry and if being as close as a brother to another person could help in complimenting a line.

I think it would certainly make it easier to adapt playing with your brother. You have a good idea of how he plays and what are his strenghts and weaknesses. You don't need to spend time learning how he plays and how he moves around the ice, what he can and cannot do. There's more transparency, better communication on the ice, more honesty, instinctually you would know more about his positioning and movement around the ice. You've known this person for years and watched this person play hockey since you were a kid so it's completely normal. Just like guys that play a long time together learn about their tendencies and all. I think it's certainly an advantage but it's impossible to quantify and it rarely ever happens.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No? Why would it be?

For every Sedin, there's 500 guys who have brothers selling insurance. It's all about talent.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Are they both good hockey players? Then yes.
Is only one a good hockey player? Then no.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Depends on the situation.

Let's say they're coming over from a European league, and don't know the language or culture. Then it would be a pretty big help for brothers to have eachother as a friend on the team.

But who knows? Some siblings don't get along well in competitive situations.

It's like having teammates that are the same age, or from the same town. Having more in common probably isn't bad. But you can't guarantee that those things will help them any.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad