Do you believe Brent Burns is a future Hall of Famer?

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
I don't get this forum sometimes, considering Burns for HHOF but yet we are so hard collectively on goalies, people are split on Fluery? makes no sense.

How many points did he put up as a winger overall?

I'm not sold on him being in the HHOF, but wouldn't argue it I guess? I wouldn't lose sleep either way.

Probably because goalies are already judged the harshest as it is. There are less goalies so perhaps it is easier to be able to dominate vs. your peers? I don't know. All I know is that it is still the highest standard. Who is the worst goalie in there? I am not sure, but even with Mike Vernon in there he is definitely not the worst selection when you compare forwards and defenseman vs. their peers. Fair or not, there is a higher standard for goalies. But yeah, Fleury is definitely getting in.

Adding more to Burns, I would say it is fair to say he is below Letang but above Subban. Definitely below Weber, no question he is below Keith and Doughty. Maybe even below Pietrangelo. But I think ahead of the likes of Suter. I don't feel Suter or Subban should ever get in, so does that put Burns in the higher group? I don't know if he has a resume better than the others mentioned, but I think all of them belong regardless.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Probably because goalies are already judged the harshest as it is. There are less goalies so perhaps it is easier to be able to dominate vs. your peers? I don't know. All I know is that it is still the highest standard. Who is the worst goalie in there? I am not sure, but even with Mike Vernon in there he is definitely not the worst selection when you compare forwards and defenseman vs. their peers. Fair or not, there is a higher standard for goalies. But yeah, Fleury is definitely getting in.

Adding more to Burns, I would say it is fair to say he is below Letang but above Subban. Definitely below Weber, no question he is below Keith and Doughty. Maybe even below Pietrangelo. But I think ahead of the likes of Suter. I don't feel Suter or Subban should ever get in, so does that put Burns in the higher group? I don't know if he has a resume better than the others mentioned, but I think all of them belong regardless.

suter’s interesting. he’s probably the best dman of his draft, yes even above weber, and probably the best dman drafted between keith and doughty.

but he has zero HHOF accomplishments. i think in his prime he absolutely felt like a hall of famer but he won’t look like on in retrospect.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
suter’s interesting. he’s probably the best dman of his draft, yes even above weber, and probably the best dman drafted between keith and doughty.

but he has zero HHOF accomplishments. i think in his prime he absolutely felt like a hall of famer but he won’t look like on in retrospect.
I think I'll regret this post in pretty short order...because there are "better" players that will not make it. But I have a sense that Ryan Suter has a chance at it. Not right away...he might have to have some digestion take place for 10 years (a la Langway) or even 30 (a la Flaman)...but I think someone is gonna come along and go, "we didn't really appreciate this guy" and it's gonna be backed with, "the family is so intricately tied to the game and their contributions..." and all that...I see a scenario where he's a late add. I'm not putting money on it, but I'd listen to the odds given...
* me from 2018 or 2019

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023

I never personally thought Suter was better than Weber. I always thought Weber was more of the straw that stirred the drink on that team. More dominating. But I agree that Suter just doesn't have the resume or greatness to be a guy that you simply can't avoid. Imagine not putting Weber in and he's got 5 times where he was among the top 4 in Norris voting, well, you can't leave that guy out. He was definitely elite. Not to mention two narrow 2nd place finishes. If he only had a team in front of him that was something more than mediocre. Plus, remember him in the Olympics? Weber is a lock I think. I am not sure if Ryan Suter is better to be inducted than Gary. Both are ones I would say are on the other side of the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad