Do We Overreact to The Maple Leafs' Struggles at Times?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
From a Zen perspective, if one accepts that this team is flawed and inconsistent... the flawed and inconsistent performances do not cause upset.

The reality is, they are flawed and inconsistent.

I accept that I can witness brilliance one night and Zamboni stardom creation the next.

They aren’t contenders. But with a little luck, maybe they can do something.

Or not.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
No! Leafs showed so much promise and Dubas ruined the team. We should be tougher on the guys that put him there. Just 1 point from being out of the playoffs. That is a disgrace considering where we were just 2 years ago.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I believe so.

When you take into consideration the time lost by our better players compared to other top teams and their injuries no one comes close.

We have lost Tavares, Marner, Muzzin, Hyman, Mikheyev, Dermott, Johnsson, Reilly and Anderson for prolonged periods of time (7+ games).

I would like to see TB lose Stamkos, Point, Hedman and Vasalevsky for long periods of time and see how they do.

Or Washington lose Ovi, Oshi, Carlsson, Holtby.

Or Boston lose Pasternak, Bergeron, Chara, Rask.

Or Las Vegas lose Stone, Statsny, Theodore, Martinez and Fleury.

We haven't had a consistent lineup at all this season. If its not one injury its multiple. Forced to play the likes of Gauthier, Timashov, Maglin, Hutch, Sandin, Lilly, Marincin, Rosen.

Don't get me wrong some of the players are good players but if we had a full lineup healthy like seasons past we aren't fighting for a playoff spot right now.

Lots of praise needs to be given to Nylander, Matthews and Hyman.

Only team that has more man games lost then us that has done phenomenal is Pittsburgh.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
For the most part the criticisms are valid. (Of course you'll always get those at both ends of the spectrum)
What's odd is the team winning a few games is then used as proof that nothing was ever wrong.

On the flip side, lose a few games and the sky is falling, and used a proof that it's the way the teams is. We overreact both ways.

This team is not perfect. It can be improved on, but it's also fair to say the team is underperforming and should be doing better than where they are right now.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
On the flip side, lose a few games and the sky is falling, and used a proof that it's the way the teams is. We overreact both ways.

This team is not perfect. It can be improved on, but it's also fair to say the team is underperforming and should be doing better than where they are right now.
100%, one extreme to the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad