Do they make you wear a jersey if you are sitting in the Lower Bowl in Edmonton?

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
so everyone in the building is a season ticket holder eh?

Over 80% of the tickets sold were to season ticket holders, not sure your point. All I said is all season ticket holders got free orange jersey's last year, its not a rip or anything but a fact of why so many people have them on there.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Over 80% of the tickets sold were to season ticket holders, not sure your point. All I said is all season ticket holders got free orange jersey's last year, its not a rip or anything but a fact of why so many people have them on there.

You can call them "free" but the Oilers jacked up the prices for the tickets and I think they low key just charged everyone for a jersey and called them free

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

And yet it does not look so different when you see shots of the Watch Party for the away games or the fans in Ford Hall. A little less Orange perhaps but almost everyone is still wearing a jersey.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
You can call them "free" but the Oilers jacked up the prices for the tickets and I think they low key just charged everyone for a jersey and called them free

They didn't raise prices that much. only about 6%-8%, which is pretty much the norm for year to year increases. For the lowest price range that was only an increase of $109.80. retail for the jerseys is $140 I believe.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

so assuming every single person in the lower bowl is a season ticket holder and present at the game wearing their free jersey (impossible)
it still doesn't account for the other 4000 people in the building plus Ford Hall is all I'm saying

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
I have 4 season seats so received 4 free jerseys. I gave 3 of them to people close to me who didn't already have one and weren't likely to purchase their own. During the playoffs those 3 people have occupied a total of zero of my seats and during the regular season 2 of them attended one game. I'm sure the free jerseys don't make up nearly the percentage of what people are claiming on here. My guess would be ~3000 at any particular playoff game.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's what they do in provincial towns. You see it less in big cities where people have better sense of style. It's the same everywhere. In England, you'll see more people in team shirts in Newcastle than in London for example. I mean let's face it, it's kind of a clownish look when viewed in isolation.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They didn't raise prices that much. only about 6%-8%, which is pretty much the norm for year to year increases. For the lowest price range that was only an increase of $109.80. retail for the jerseys is $140 I believe.
The Oilers wouldn't pay close to retail price for the jerseys, NHL teams probably pay very little for jerseys.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Yeah but they took away the $100 in Oilers bucks per seat as well.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
so assuming every single person in the lower bowl is a season ticket holder and present at the game wearing their free jersey (impossible)
it still doesn't account for the other 4000 people in the building plus Ford Hall is all I'm saying

What is your point? Does EVERYONE have one on at the game? No. Are they all orange? No. All I said is that they gave season ticket holders free jerseys, not sure what there is to argue about.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005

There is no obligation to pay for season tickets no matter what they charge, but you are paying the same price whether you accept the "free" jersey or not. I dont think anyone bought season tickets to get a "free" jersey.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
It makes more sense once we found out that season ticket holders were all gifted the same jersey. Not trying to call them cheap or badmouth them for wearing said jersey when they spent $x on tickets already.

Most fans of any team which has few opposing fans visit usually have something to represent their team. A shirt or any jersey (home, away, third, retro). It was odd that a fanbase all had the same exact jersey.

It looks awesome that they all match, but lets not get ahead of ourselves saying they are diehards that buy a new numberless jersey every year to match each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad