Do they make you wear a jersey if you are sitting in the Lower Bowl in Edmonton?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I do not wear jerseys too often at games. Personally, I just prefer to wear short sleeves unless it is cold and I am never cold inside the arena. I also know plenty of die-hard fans who never wear team apparel. Just not their thing. Doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I definitely noticed that difference between Canada and the US and not just hockey. Anything more than a hat is considered too much and you get weird looks

That's not true at all. I see people around here wear jerseys for all the sports and no one thinks its weird. Often see people wearing their teams jerseys and shirseys on game days. It's not weird at all.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
We need one jersey for every cup the Blues haven't won. :sarcasm:

Its smarm like this from fans that makes it hard to root for Edmonton.

You should know these kinds of taunts don't bother Blues fans. We're pretty numb to it. We haven't had a Gretzky or a McDavid. Maybe someday we will. But why be a jerk about it?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

You should know these kinds of taunts don't bother Blues fans. We're pretty numb to it. We haven't had a Gretzky or a McDavid. Maybe someday we will. But why be a jerk about it?
ummm....

72504370.jpg

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

ummmm...

I thought Edmonton fans all started wearing jerseys in the lower bowl a few years ago, in case they needed to throw them on the ice after the game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, seems like everyone have a jersey there. Sometimes, they even throw one on the ice :sarcasm:

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Go to an NFL game....the majority of fans wear jerseys.

In the north, maybe. Same with college football. There is a jersey divide between the northern and southern football fans though. Most people in the south will wear a collared shirt/tshirt.

Ohio State
GTY_ohio_state_football_fans_jef_150112.jpg

Tennessee
ncaa-football-outback-bowl-northwestern-vs-tennessee-2-850x560.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Fair enough. What a bitter memory to drudge up tonight, on the precipice of elimination. Does that mean there's also hope we'll have McDavid at some point?
Sorry, but after you said Gretzky, I had to :laugh:

I'd love to see you guys get an elite young player, the Blues are my #2 team these days but they are too respectful of an organization to tank for one.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009

oh man, that's funny.

There were some good renditions of the RBK Edge jerseys, and then there were awful ones. This is one of the awful ones.

Indeed it was.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
There was nothing mean-spirited about my post. I thought it would be taken in good fun, for a team that has come a long way in a short time.

Anyway, I see I butted into a thread I should just have left alone.

I think it was all in good fun, starting with your jersey comment. It made me LOL.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
In the north, maybe. Same with college football. There is a jersey divide between the northern and southern football fans though. Most people in the south will wear a collared shirt/tshirt.

Ohio State
GTY_ohio_state_football_fans_jef_150112.jpg

Tennessee
ncaa-football-outback-bowl-northwestern-vs-tennessee-2-850x560.jpg
Could be weather related. Jerseys are generally heavier than a t-shirt, polo. Could be an issue in the south in September and October.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I definitely noticed that difference between Canada and the US and not just hockey. Anything more than a hat is considered too much and you get weird looks

I don't think that is true at all. We have jersey day at work a few times a year and most staff (about 125 people) will wear one. Some even go out and buy one the day before because they are not sports fans. I see many people in sports apparrel, everyday.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
A few years ago when they introduced the orange jersey, they gave a complimentary jersey w/ season ticket holder packages. My guess it that because a lot of people sitting in those seats would be season ticket holders, that might be one of the reasons.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
That's my car payment and insurance right there, $250. And I ain't broke as I once was, I just got a whole lot more to do with $50 or $250 than buy a cool shirt that I can only wear in a handful of situations.

I ain't knockin' jersey ownership, I'd be happy to have one or two new ones. But I know a ton of diehards, both in Philly and from my years in Pittsburgh, who don't own or feel any obligation to procure a new hockey jersey. We all got a hat or two and a a t shirt and a sweatshirt, and $35 cash now and then to scalp some nosebleeds. I just vehemently reject the notion that there's some "real fan" card you get for shelling out on a jersey. I'm on a train to Maryland for a few days and then a plane to California for a few more. My $15 Flyers hat will be on ny head the whole time, regardless of the fact they didn't even make the dance.

I could not agree more and I do have a few jerseys. Just do not wear them much.

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
There was nothing mean-spirited about my post. I thought it would be taken in good fun, for a team that has come a long way in a short time.

Anyway, I see I butted into a thread I should just have left alone.

Tell me about it man.

For what it's worth - your comment made me chuckle. It's sad how serious people take themselves on here.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Lol if they're willing to spend 5k on seats I'm sure 180$ wouldn't have killed them

It's a good perk that probably doesn't cost the team much. When you're talking about thousands of dollars on season seats, losing out on the minor profit margin of them possibly buying a jersey isn't a huge cost.

Not to mention, it prevents the bad look of visible fans in expensive seats wearing knockoffs on TV.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I don't think that is true at all. We have jersey day at work a few times a year and most staff (about 125 people) will wear one. Some even go out and buy one the day before because they are not sports fans. I see many people in sports apparrel, everyday.

I mean hell, I came into work today in a Predators hat and Whalers socks, apparel is common and cool especially on the most casual of Fridays. But I can wear these socks whenever: a jersey not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad