Do the Winnipeg Jets Make Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphy*

As much as Jets fans will probably laugh at Leafs fans if they make it and we don't, I hope they make it.

Sucks about the injuries.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Well...so far so good. It'll be real tough keeping up with the Blues and Hawks in the Central, though. Seems like the only time the top teams in the Central lose is when they play eachother.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
So we already have our top 3 defense out, but Mark Stuart fought at the end of the Buffalo game and we haven't been hearing good things. There's a possibility he could be out with one of two things:

1. hurt hand
2. concussion

Now Stuart isn't a top 4 guy, but he's been good enough with Trouba and has been holding his own with everyone else out. Losing him too would be tragic.

We've got Byfuglien good to go, and Chiarot has been good, but our D might be looking awfully AHL-like if Stuart's out.

Those two games against the Wild are going to be huge.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Rumor is Stuart is also out indefinitely.

Wish someone would waive a defenceman so we could claim. We'll take anyone at this point.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
With Stuart's injury, what's the possibility they qualify for an emergency call up on Josh Morrissey? Or are they way off from that?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
It feels like we have had a soft schedule so far this season ..... I'm not convinced we will.

I hate being a bubble team which we have been for a few years now. You never go anywhere and never get real good picks.

Agreed. That is the Jets' biggest problem, they need to pick a direction and still haven't done so.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Stuart out until Feb. Unless Chevy makes a trade, it is going to be very tough.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think they could sneak in. Hard to envision them finishing top three in the division, but I think they'll be battling with San Jose, Vancouver, LA, Calgary and Minnesota for those last two spots. I'd say it's unlikely they get in, but I wouldn't rule it out.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Yes we will!! with a decimated D-core as well and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise....They are playing a very tight system that has worked well to date.....Book it and see me in 2 months....

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
With Stuart's injury, what's the possibility they qualify for an emergency call up on Josh Morrissey? Or are they way off from that?

I'm not sure what the actual number of injuries you need is, but we would have to call up some more St. John's players before we can do that. We've got to be getting close, though. Ellerby (the guy I would call up) is injured too.

I'd like JoMo to play the World Juniors, then it would be awesome if he was given an emergency call up afterwards. Well, our situation wouldn't be awesome, but it would be nice for him to have that opportunity.

Primetimey*

Figures you'd say that, how bout the Dallas Stars how they looking?

The Jets have never made the playoffs, and the Thrashers had never won a playoff game. I don't think it is that outlandish to expect similar results this season.

Also, Dallas are looking poor. Unlikely to make the playoffs this season. Not very hard to admit because I am not a homer, unlike most Jets fans on these boards.

Primetimey*

LOL. If the Jets brought in our captain's garbage younger brother to play defence like they do in Dallas, we'd be almost as bad as the Stars.

As it is, Buff, Postma + 4 AHLers >>>>>>> Stars D.

Why does Dallas have anything to do with the OP and me saying they won't make the playoffs?

Also, I don't think your AHL defense is better because Texas won the Calder Cup, not St. John's.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
The Jets have never made the playoffs, and the Thrashers had never won a playoff game. I don't think it is that outlandish to expect similar results this season.

Also, Dallas are looking poor. Unlikely to make the playoffs this season. Not very hard to admit because I am not a homer, unlike most Jets fans on these boards.

The Jets have really good underlying stats. They are a changed team this year, however injuries may kill them.

As for the bolded, come by the Jets board after a loss. It's getting worse and worse, especially if Pavs is in net.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada

The Stars have made the playoffs, and have won the Stanley Cup. I don't think it is that outlandish to expect similar results this season.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Nope, you just have a weird thing for trying to put down the Jets in pretty much every main board thread about them or their prospects.

It's quite weird actually. You seem to dislike the Jets more than you like the Stars.

On topic: We're currently missing our entire top 4 for (presumably) 10-12 games, and then it will be a while before they are all back. That will probably kill our playoffs chances. Too bad, cause we have actually played quite well this season.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Doubtful with those injuries, but stranger things have happened.

Kind of off topic, but the Jets seem like one of those teams that will always be in the race, but never take the next step into a contender. They remind me a lot of Buffalo before the rebuild started. Some nice pieces, but not enough depth or game breakers to be anything more than a fringe playoff team. They could make a Cinderella run, though. You never know. God knows their fans deserve it.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't think so with those injuries. They should really fire their GM. I can't remember him doing a thing since he was hired. Patience is good but he takes it to a whole new level.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

BS you're not a homer I've seen your posts and pretty much most fans of every team are homers so your generalization doesn't work.

The only reason they are now unlikely to make the playoffs now is because of the devastating injuries to their top 4 D. Before the injuries they were still in tough but were looking like a possible playoff team.

How is the past in any way relevent to now when they have completely changed the way they play, how many consecutive years did your Stars miss the playoffs before they got in and then just won 2 games.

Next time come back with a better argument than just :shakehead

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Why does Dallas have anything to do with the OP and me saying they won't make the playoffs?

Also, I don't think your AHL defense is better because Texas won the Calder Cup, not St. John's.

It really doesn't but you provided no other reason than just :shakehead and then state prior season results that have no bearing on this season.

You just wait for a main board thread about the Jets and then you pounce, kind of sad/pathetic really.

Derfel*

Jets need to try and get at least loser points in their next 6-7 games. They will start getting players back from injury at that point, and could make up enough ground to sneak in on the last wildcard spot. It's certainly not out of reach with the roster they have this year. They were down 2 top defensemen and rocked the Stars a week ago, so my guess is that they can hold on enough to stay in the hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad