Do the Winnipeg Jets Make Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Curious as to the general opinion. They've played very well, but are also very, very injured.

Trouba out until at least February
Bogosian out likely another month
Enstrom out likely another month

Their D-Core in the last game was
(not positive on exact pairings)

Byfuglien-Chiarot
Stuart-Postma
Clitsome-Pardy

While Byfuglien can hold his own when he's focused, and Chiarot has been a real surprise for the Jets.... Stuart is a bottom pairing defenseman, Postma is a good puck mover that can sometimes get lost in his own zone, both Clitsome and Pardy are waiver type of players.

It's the definition of bad luck, you never expect to lose 3 of your top 4 defensemen. That said, can the Jets hold their own until injuries heal and lock down a wild card spot?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Enstrom was for december, Bogo was 4-6 weeks at the beginning of December. We could get them both back early Jan. The problem is the games in between now and then:

http://jets.nhl.com/club/calendar.htm

Those two minnesota games could make or break it.

edit: Mark Stuart might be hurt now too.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
All teams for the rest of the season should play their back up goalies against Winnipeg because it will be an easy 2 points for them. :sarcasm:

Jinx Jinx Jinx

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I think all the teams that are currently ahead of them will continue to be so at the end of the season. I also think the Kings will pass them and that puts the Jets in 8th.

Then theres Jets, Wild and Flames within a few point and the Flames are in free fall so I am not sure about them and I do think the Stars might be too far back at this point. Wild or the Jets... in the long run I think Wild will rise through the standings and claim a play off spot.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I think all the teams that are currently ahead of them will continue to be so at the end of the season. I also think the Kings will pass them and that puts the Jets in 8th.

Then theres Jets, Wild and Flames within a few point and the Flames are in free fall so I am not sure about them and I do think the Stars might be too far back at this point. Wild or the Jets... in the long run I think Wild will rise through the standings and claim a play off spot.

Wild, Jets, or Sharks for the last spot. Safe money is on the Wild.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
It'll be tough going with the injuries, if we can endure those without taking a nosedive in the standings I think we can do it.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Well, it really depends on whether we can weather the storm until our D-men return. I'd like to see any team who isn't going to have a rough time ahead of them when they're missing their top 3 D.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Not anymore, no. Before they could have had a chance, but now that pretty much half of their D-core is injured I don't see them making it.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
No. Their post-TDL schedule is absolutely killer as well.
It feels like we have had a soft schedule so far this season ..... I'm not convinced we will.

I hate being a bubble team which we have been for a few years now. You never go anywhere and never get real good picks.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Whenever I think I can name every teams roster I look at Winnipeg's and it brings me down a few notches.

That being said, if their stand-in defense can overachieve a bit until they get some players back from injury they have a shot.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I don't think so unfortunately, would be cool to see some fresh blood in the West playoffs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad