Do the Red Wings break through?

Do the Red Wings break through?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Whatever helps you sleep at night

Wings Fans have been watching Mel playoff level and important games all the way to the literal Last game of the season, regardless of tonight’s results.

Ottawa hasn’t had a meaningful game since what? November?

He's upset because regardless of what happens tonight, the Red wings have clearly taken a step forward where as despite several big moves over the last couple years the Ottawa Senators have made ZERO progress and actually appear to be getting worse.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
At the end of the season, neither team will be in the playoffs. The only difference between the Sens and the Wings will be their draft position.
And that next year, Ottawa will again be at the bottom.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Is it?

Closing out a team in regulation is more definitive. OT is more arbitrary. You don't think regulation wins ought to carry some sort of advantage?
Yeah even as a Wings fan I agree regulation wins should matter more so completely agree Washington should make it even if both teams win tonight.

They only have themselves (mostly the coach) to blame for putting themselves in this spot to begin with after their play the last quarter of the season.

May the best team win (I hope every Washington player catches histories worst stomach flu today)

• Haha
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Explain for the class what happens if just one of the circled losses move one column to the left.

View attachment 852810

not sure why we're even talking about tiebreakers here when Washington already won the President's Trophy with their 120 wins

b6d0aa9fcbc75a37b8c9af9c4b6969a6.png

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Whatever helps you sleep at night

Wings Fans have been watching playoff level and important games all the way to the literal Last game of the season, regardless of tonight’s results.

Ottawa hasn’t had a meaningful game since what? November?
“Playoff level games” :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
We all know how this ends.

Detroit and Washington are both gonna win, and Detroit's gonna get f***ed because Washington loses more in OT.
No, in that scenario Detroit would lose out because Washington wins more in regulation.

The relevant tie breaker is regulation wins. Detroit currently has 27, Washington 30.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
lol enjoy your moral victory
You know, there’s moral victories, liek what you’re discussing. Then there’s actual victories, of which the wings have 4 more. Then there’s regulation and overtime victories, of which the wings have 9 more. It’s nice to have it all. Maybe one day the Senators 6 first liners and 4 top pairing dmen will do something other than get another top 10 pick.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
And so Detroit will join Buffalo and Ottawa in the annual will they break through poll this summer after free agency but it's very clear they are on the right track.

They are 1 solid move away.

I wonder how confident Detroit is in their goaltending.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
And so Detroit will join Buffalo and Ottawa in the annual will they break through poll this summer after free agency but it's very clear they are on the right track.

They are 1 solid move away.

I wonder how confident Detroit is in their goaltending.
It was clear last year that Buffalo and Ottawa were on the right track. I'll believe it when I see it, especially when Kane is likely gone

Reactions: NyQuil

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It was clear last year that Buffalo and Ottawa were on the right track. I'll believe it when I see it, especially when Kane is likely gone

It was never clear for Buffalo, when you have an NHL record playoff drought, and one that will likely never be broken, and if It is, chances are nobody here will be alive to see it, you don't get to say you are on the right track until you break it.

Detroit made MAJOR progress this year.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah. Intense games at the end of the season that actually mean something.

I know those games stopped for Ottawa around November despite declaring themselves off season champions for 3 years in a row…but maybe next year you’ll see what they’re like?

I don't think so, I believe the top 5 spots are spoken for in the Atlantic, the order might change, because Stamkos, Montour, Kane and Reinhart are all prominent free agents.

But even if they all left I don't think that's enough to bump any of Ottawa Buffalo or Montreal into the top 5.

And if anybody says "what if Domi and Bertuzzi leave Toronto?"

First off as long they have Matthews, Marner Nylander and Tavares the offense is fine.

Secondly they had Knies score 15 goals this year, Robertson score 15 goals this year and Bobby Mac score 15 goals this year.

Those 3 are 21, 22 and 27, Robertson and Bobby Mac didn't play a full season this year, chances are all 3 score 20+ next year meaning the offense will likely not be impact.

Point is the top 5 in the Atlantic is absolutely stacked, games for the bottom 3 won't mean much for a while.

Reactions: RedHawkDown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad