Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
22F238D0-9073-4CC4-834D-E169E6872D17.jpeg

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I voted no, because they are being coached to not have balls. And they don't all have to have big ones... but we need a few guys who do and are willing to swing them around. Babs has been clear, play machine-like, no emotion, gud pro, blah blah. Players are doing as asked. Step out of line, get traded. i.e. Kadri.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
In short, yes, the young players are flashy but soft and sometimes lacking in puck pursuit.

That's not as concerning to me as they look slower this year. Maybe they all put on a few pounds and it slowed them down, maybe they lack that hunger with the big contracts, but they don't look intimidating on the rush as they once did. I'm not seeing the multitude of odd man rushes as they once often had.

It can't be as a result of an eye on D as they have allowed the second most goals this year.

Maybe now they won't have so many back to backs, they looked listless tonight. It's not right to play key divisional rivals (again) on back to back nights.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
In short, yes, the young players are flashy but soft and sometimes lacking in puck pursuit.

That's not as concerning to me as they look slower this year. Maybe they all put on a few pounds and it slowed them down, maybe they lack that hunger with the big contracts, but they don't look intimidating on the rush as they once did. I'm not seeing the multitude of odd man rushes as they once often had.

It can't be as a result of an eye on D as they have allowed the second most goals this year.

Maybe now they won't have so many back to backs, they looked listless tonight. It's not right to play key divisional rivals (again) on back to back nights.

Honestly, they can't handle the pressure. With big money comes big responsibility.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I voted no, because they are being coached to not have balls. And they don't all have to have big ones... but we need a few guys who do and are willing to swing them around. Babs has been clear, play machine-like, no emotion, gud pro, blah blah. Players are doing as asked. Step out of line, get traded. i.e. Kadri.

Reactions: wingman75

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Honestly, they can't handle the pressure. With big money comes big responsibility.

It's too early to say, but then again, they made a great amount of money at a young age. It's a team sport, even if the main four are the highest paid.

It's still early, their schedule hasn't been too kind and they are missing three important players in Tavares, Hyman and Dermott.

I'm still not going to judge them too harshly yet. They need to bring compete every night though, at their age I could do 2 hour work outs in the morning and head back for a night workout on another bodypart. They certainly shouldn't be fatigued, but they don't seem in sync yet.

I think their D has taken a step back, if that were possible. Matthews has 9 goals, that's his job and he's doing it. We certainly haven't seen their best yet, so that's one way of looking at it.

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
The team supposedly has the best team doctors....

If that's the case, can't they start spiking the Gatorade with cajon growing hormones?

Reactions: saffronleaf

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
For 3 years Dubas has been saying we can always trade for sandpaper if we need it. Fake news he hasn't made such a trade and is terrified to let a skill player go for that sandpaper. Well it's more evident than ever that this is the missing element. I'm so tired of hearing it from analysts and other hockey people that we need some grit.........well no xxxx, tells something we don't know. :pullhair:

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
I'd try Marchment from AHL tbh. Our AHL guys play so hard man. It's night and day. I know, I know, they're playing hard to get an audition up here, but still.

It definitely shows. Its like I almost expect
For 3 years Dubas has been saying we can always trade for sandpaper if we need it. Fake news he hasn't made such a trade and is terrified to let a skill player go for that sandpaper. Well it's more evident than ever that this is the missing element. I'm so tired of hearing it from analysts and other hockey people that we need some grit.........well no xxxx, tells something we don't know. :pullhair:

r: 236239"]One dude voted no.

WTF?[/QUOTE]

Im happy with the talent the players have. I just want them to have that gumption that compete in them...
and what is so wrong with throwing some open ice hits every once in a while. The fans live it!!! Oh right we traded Kadri

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Phil Kessel’s got more testosterone in his one nut than this entire pansy, bitch ass team.

f*** these guys.

(P.S. no offense to cancer victims or Phil, he’s a warrior)

Reactions: DavePoulin4PM

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

All teams need balance. Its not hard to find a lower to average forward who is good at fetching pucks fighting for space and throwing the odd check. As I've said from the start, the Will to Win has to come from their leaders. They sometimes seem a little too mundates and accepting of losses. They had a little more push back an speed 2 years ago, at least compared to this young season.

Their D remains the primary issue, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad