Speculation: Do the leafs make a run at landy now that duchane is Out?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I am interested, what's the asking price? Toronto first needs to trade JVR Bozak and then we are free to negotiate for Landeskog.

Possibly higher than Duchene's seeing as how he's basically as important to the team and has like 3 years left on his contract. Of course when words like Liljegren or 1st round pick get thrown around then people would get angry lol but can't just trade JVR or Bozak or Komarov.

One or two of those three should've been moved for futures last year or last summer so the Leafs had more assets to work with going forward.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We're in no position to trade our first this year. People who follow my posts closely will recall that I said I could see the Leafs finishing just about anywhere this year. One month in and that seems like a very intelligent prediction. I would still bet on us making the playoffs, but a couple injuries and this season could go south in a hurry. So trading our first seems like a very dopey move to consider.

We really shouldn't be in a rush to do anything this year unless a can't pass deal comes our way.

you could say that about any team, any year. you're basically saying - you know, it could snow for Christmas.
it doesn't make it an intelligent prediction, it's called hedging your bets.

i wouldn't trade our first regardless though, not in this draft.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
We're in no position to trade our first this year. People who follow my posts closely will recall that I said I could see the Leafs finishing just about anywhere this year. One month in and that seems like a very intelligent prediction. I would still bet on us making the playoffs, but a couple injuries and this season could go south in a hurry. So trading our first seems like a very dopey move to consider.

We really shouldn't be in a rush to do anything this year unless a can't pass deal comes our way.
So you made a prediction that Leafs could finish between #1 to #31, and you're giving yourself a pat on the back for the Leafs being in that range? Jesus Christ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad