Do the Flyers Make the Playoffs Next Year?

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Streit is absolutely horrific at this point in his career. I'm not sure i'd welcome him to my mens league team. The guy simply can't defend anymore. I wouldn't want him as an advisor either because he's never actually been a great defensemen. His offense made up for it though. I would rather bring in Timonen in the role Gord Murphy currently occupies; assistant coach/defensemen coach.

I' talking cheap deep discounted ... and for offensive D-man use... QB'ing 2nd PP unit... as a 6th/7th D-man. Isn't he able to replace Schultz or actually even Manning? ... I'm speaking near rock bottom discounted Contract.

That said, I wouldn't be upset if they didn't... I'd just like a veteran and to not rush so many kids in at such a short period. Too many inexperienced players in the back-end for me.

I don't want Streit anywhere near the team next season. Him occupying a roster spot only holds up the transition.

We have enough established defenseman who can take someone under their wing.
Gudas can be a calming presence on any pairing.
Provorov plays like a Veteran and will only get better. Ghost already has chemistry with Morin.

Gudas is a real nice player but is 26 and has really only three full Seasons and two portions of Seasons under his belt... He would be their only real veteran.

Ghost and Provo are far from established D-men... Ghost is still just finding his footing after the League got to see him play... and after recovering from his surgery. Provo has had one full lap around and is yet to see his 20th birthday.

Streit may not be the veteran to be here... but there has to be one... even Schultz as a Scrub again would be better than no veterans at all... It's JMO, but the Flyers can't develop a proper D-Unit by throwing a bunch of raw, albeit highly talented, Players out there to learn on the fly... on their own. A steadying force is needed.

I just love the future on D for the Flyers... but I believe a little patience has to be displayed on assembling them. Steit by no means is the option; bring in a Player or so at the twilight of their career for Depth Players... at fair Cap Space.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't see the point of bringing in veteran dmen when they already have five guys from the current defense coming back, and D prospects with hundreds of games of AHL experience.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
would it be nice to have a seasoned vet ala 2012 Timonen back there?
of course
is it necessary?
no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad