Do the Edmonton Oilers make the playoffs this season?

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Me too!

He had the most convoluted logic I've ever seen. It was fantastic. I rarely agreed with anything he wrote, but he always made me think. Which is a lot better than barfing. Which a lot of posts make me do.

Haha that's a great way to put it. It was nice to sometimes read an opinion that was so different from the rest and you can't deny the man's passion. :laugh:

Man, I've been reading his posts long before I joined the forums actually. Maybe he should start a blog haha.

Maybe he died and Mrs. Replacement had those words engraved on his tombstone.

That would be one massive tombstone! :sarcasm:

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Not as we are now.

I'm not expecting a miracle trade.

We're gonna pick up a d-man and sign him to a 1 year deal as a stop gap measure.

If we stay healthy and guys who really impressed last year continue to play as well as last season or even better and if Yakupov learns how to play hockey and if Puljujarvi looking comfortable and well adjusted to the NHL 20 games in then we will be a very competitive team... but I'm not expecting playoffs that soon.

It's amazing how much has happened over the past year.
I was right about picking up a d-man as a stop gap measure, didn't give Yak another chance, Puljujarvi is looking like he could be another year before making the NHL for time and are we EVER a competitive team!

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I always liked Chiarelli and McLellan so it was a matter of time that the Oil turned it around. The thing is that while they are a better team, it's all McDavid with a sprinkle of Draisatl and a pinch of Talbot. Although finally seeing how poor Hall-RNH-Eberle (insert Yakupov) were, it's hard to fault the old management when top rated picks just don't pan out.

During the K-Lowe era prospects on our main club and our farm team were not given an environment that inspired learning or winning. It's all on them.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I miss reading his posts.

I miss his posts from two years ago. I would imagine he was removed for good reason. Many of his posts this last year were erratic.

He had well thought out differing opinions but also was getting "proven" wrong more and more and seemed unable to compensate.

Half the time I thought he was just saying conflicting things just to be contrary. But I think he truly believed some far fetched things.

Like the Oiler blogger from hockeybuzz who just can't accept the Larsson for Hall trade was awesome it taints everything he writes. Being right becomes more important than being a fan.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I can only see it in quotes, but it's hilarious that Gone's sarcastic post about the season turns out to be completely correct.

I'm glad I voted yes, I'm also glad they exceeded expectations.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I never voted in that poll, and usually don't, but what the hell. I'll toss my name in this time around.

I vote "yes".

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
The whole reason behind this year's success is the emulation of Kings hockey. :popcorn: :D

The kings are emulating old Oiler hockey. ;)

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm very happy to have been so wrong about my vote too. I was very confident in my 'No' vote. This type of season was way past my wildest dreams for what the team could do.

The whole reason behind this year's success is the emulation of Kings hockey. :popcorn: :D

The kings are emulating old Oiler hockey. ;)

Ew, no. I never want to see our team play that boring grinder garbage.

Nonamee

Sep 2, 2016
To all the non-believers, doubters, cynics, pessimists, defeatists, haters, Chicken Little's, gloomy Gus's, and prophets of doom:

I can't say that I told you so.
But if I did, I would have told you so.

It's just not my style ...

GO :edmonton!

:jump:
:cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad