Do the Canucks hate each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayFrosty

Dec 6, 2011
IMO, there is something very wrong with this team.

Too many sketchy things have happened. There's that whole thing with Luongo not been pulled at the end of the season, walking out on the media, etc.

During the 2011 Cup run after winning games 1 or 2, on the way back to the dressing room (CBC footage) you could clearly see one of the Canucks players shove one of his team mates, and it was not in a friendly way - it was as if he was jealous he didn't get a pass or something.

There seems to be a lot of greed on this team. There's also garbage like the Sedins not putting their effort into it.

I've heard another Canuck fan, who believe it or not has a connection to the team, tell me that what killed the Canucks in the 2011 run was greed. I don't know what he meant, but that's what he said.

What to make of all this? Do many members of this team hate each other or something?

Oh, and IMO, throwing Torterella onto this team just feels like another slap in the face which may in reality further sink this team.

StayFrosty

Dec 6, 2011
Sorry, but I mean did anyone actually think they had a shot at the Cup this year?

There was that crap with Schneider dropping his stick during the playoffs as well. I've never seen so much drama from one team.

StayFrosty

Dec 6, 2011
K... I could be wrong, but can anyone explain to me what's going on with this team? How can nearly the same team that makes it to the Stanley Cup game 7 barely be able to win a playoff game the next 2 years?

It's tragic it had to happen to the Canucks of all teams... it does almost feel like there's a conspiracy and the NHL is holding the team down so they don't bring the Cup back to Canada. I don't really believe that, but I'm speechless about this team.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
K... I could be wrong, but can anyone explain to me what's going on with this team? How can nearly the same team that makes it to the Stanley Cup game 7 barely be able to win a playoff game the next 2 years?

It's tragic it had to happen to the Canucks of all teams... it does almost feel like there's a conspiracy and the NHL is holding the team down so they don't bring the Cup back to Canada. I don't really believe that, but I'm speechless about this team.

Ehrhoff? Team is aging? Injuries? Edler forgetting how to play hockey? Bieksa even worse? Other teams got better?

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-.gif

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

No, I don't believe they hate each other. If they did, like others have said already, they wouldn't be signing long term NTC deals.

LA series I place a lot of the blame at AV's feet. AV banked on having Daniel back for game 1 because that's what he was hearing from the doctors and didn't prepare down the stretch to be playing without him. He was giving top line ice time to guys like Ebbett once 1st place was locked up instead of auditioning real candidates for the top line. They lost all three without Daniel and it was series over. Daniel's return evened things up, but the margin for error was gone.

SJ series, bad officiating was a factor, but team discipline was terrible. Again, a sign of the team that had tuned AV out. Not nailing down a real 3C was an issue too, and that's on MG for not getting one before the lockout. Also, questionable decision by AV to play a clearly struggling Schneider in game 4.

As for the conspiracy theory... pre-2004 lockout it was pretty tough for Canadian teams to compete. No cap, terrible exchange rate. Post lockout, Ottawa, Vancouver and Edmonton have all made appearances and couldn't make the best of it. It's bound to happen soon though.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
When you feel like you are working as hard as you can and not getting any useful support it splinters a group into factions. Do you think the team's "get bigger/harder to play" faction was delighted with Roy? A lot of things went into the team's decline. Vigneault was stale. Gillis was inactive. Salo is gone.

I think the OP is right to worry about Tortorella's effect on this team. He will bring fresh eyes and see things differently than a lot of entrenched players and their conventional wisdom. It's going to have some ugly moments even if it goes stunningly well. If it goes south it will happen right away. It will be apparent in twenty games.

The most dangerous aspect of the whole issue is when Gillis does something weird, like he does. How will Tortorella react? How will it affect the room? When Keenan took over people were throwing skates at each other!

I think Tortorella is the third or fourth choice. He won't let his coaching career end because of an oddball GM. I expect friction followed by public tantrums. It's already looking like a problem, Tortorella has apparently said he wants the Sedins to kill penalties! That's asking a lot in an olympic year. Whatever, you can't expect a coach, taking over an older team to do very well in his first season.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Wow one troll after another...

And FYI the Sedin's have been asking to kill penalties for the last few years and are eager to start doing so under tortorella as per an interview with Henrik today.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'm sure not every Canuck is a big fan of everyone else, but that's the norm in any work environment. I think you're blowing everything you see way out of proportion and perhaps let imagination run away in some parts too. With the way our media is, if there were some major fighting going on in the dressing room someone would have reported it.

John Bender*

It continually amazes me how stupid some of the threads are here. Is vancouver a sports town? Do the Canucks hate each other? Still waiting for "are the vancouver fans at hfbords the worst posters on the Internet?" Maybe a "does every fan wearing a Canuck jersey secretly plot against Hollywood?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad