Do the allegations against Mike Hoffman's fiance hurt his trade value?

Do the allegations against Mike Hoffman's fiance hurt his trade value?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I think it's pretty bad for his trade value right now. If more information comes out that shows that he had any knowledge of what his fiance was doing that would blow this whole situation up. What GM is going to want to risk putting a guy like that in their locker room? Again, I am getting a head of myself but after witnessing the Bryan Colangelo saga recently things could blow up quick with this. If nothing else I doubt teams will be beating down the doors to trade for Hoffman if he stands by his fiance.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Surprised to see so many people voting yes. Theyre still allegations as of now. And it wasnt him doing it. Although i could see why it would make teams more hesitant to trade for him

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Surprised to see so many people voting yes. Theyre still allegations as of now. And it wasnt him doing it. Although i could see why it would make teams more hesitant to trade for him
Him not doing it himself is completely irrelevant. An NBA GM just lost his job because of what his wife was doing. If the allegations end up being true which appear to be the case and Hoffman stands by his fiance a lot of teams will want no parts of having him and her around their organization.

Reactions: Playerwinner

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Several of the players wives/GF's are coming out to tweet their support for the Karlsson's and basically confirm that there was some totally messed up stuff going on. This is BAD for the Sens and Hoffman.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Yes in the short term while things are up in the air

Longterm
Yes if he was complicit/involved
Yes if the allegations are proven and he stays with her

No if the allegations are false
No if he was in the dark and walks away if they're proven true

DonnyG33

Apr 13, 2015
Toronto
For Ottawa? Absolutely. Teams know that regardless of the outcome of this story, if Ottawa wants him gone, he can be had for a much lower price than before this story hit.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Yes, most teams won’t want him and it’s eother Karlsson of Hoffman at this point(it’s not even that unlikely that it’s both at this point). This is a devastating situation all in total, I feel bad for Karlsson and his wife most for what they went through and potentially(from the speculation it sounds pretty much everything but true, that said you can’t just assume without evidence even if the situation is literally as bad as it gets). But you gotta feel for Hoffman too, he’s in a bad, bad, very bad, horrifically bad type situation, people are calling for his head not only around the league but in his own organization and city he plays for, I could only imagine being in a situation where I pretty much have to pick between the woman I love(if she’s really that bad I don’t get how a person could fall for a bitch like that but I guess it happens) and potentially my job over how cruel she is to others. That’s a lose - lose situation, Either all of hockey fans hate him and he loses potentially a lot of respect and money(yes I wouldn’t be surprised with a buyout) or he gives up on a long term relationship.

Absolutely horrible situation, could get any worse or more disgraceful for the league.

Reactions: olli

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
It has to have a massive impact. Even if they turn out not to be legit accusations (difficult to believe at this point) then there’s going to be huge problems of a different nature between EK and Hoffman.

As an organisation they have to get rid of Hoffman so they don’t lose every hope of re-signing EK. If they don’t trade Hoffman then EK will either demand a trade or just walk at free agency, which tanks the value of a much more valuable asset.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Any Normal guy with a GF/wife will tell you, if your wife doesn't like someone she'll let you know. I'm honestly not buying this. the scumbag is trying to save face i hope the judge throws the book at his GF

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Any Normal guy with a GF/wife will tell you, if your wife doesn't like someone she'll let you know. I'm honestly not buying this. the ******* is trying to save face i hope the judge throws the book at his GF
Absolutely. I find it very hard to believe that if she did all of this he didn't know about it.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Ray Ferraro blasting Hoffman's work ethic sure doesn't help either......

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Other teams now know that the situation is untenable and Dorion can't just wait around for the right offer.

On the flip side, Hoffman will get 25 goals or more on a yearly basis generally and teams are looking for goals.

Lowers his trade value, but not significantly.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Any Normal guy with a GF/wife will tell you, if your wife doesn't like someone she'll let you know. I'm honestly not buying this. the ******* is trying to save face i hope the judge throws the book at his GF
Throws the book? She if guilty isn't doing much different than quite a few on here

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Other teams now know that the situation is untenable and Dorion can't just wait around for the right offer.

On the flip side, Hoffman will get 25 goals or more on a yearly basis generally and teams are looking for goals.

Lowers his trade value, but not significantly.

Teams want goals, but are they willing to risk losing the locker room because of it? You think the players wives are going to want this person around them or the players want her around their wives? She's completely toxic and nobody is going to want to be around that, especially in a family type atmosphere.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I think it hurts his value in that it’s obvious that the Sens want to get rid of him, I don’t think teams will care that his girlfriend is allegedly a psycho.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think if he handled the situation differently it might not have but standing by her here when the evidence is overwhelming.... Well he made his bed. Which likely means he is involved. Im hearing no one will touch him that he's black listed.

Unless he gets rid of her and says he was not involved his career is in jeoprady. He stays with her and he may never play another game in the league.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Short term the only answer anyone should be clicking here is yes. Long term this could all blow over if it turns out they weren't involved, but unfortunately for the Sens that won't be known until after they've already been forced to trade him for a less than stellar return. They absolutely can't have him starting the season in Ottawa and the legal issues will probably still be in process at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad