Post-Game Talk: Do sheep count Minnesota Wild players?

Aug 6, 2012
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I would say that was hard to watch but Mrazek is probably the most entertaining player on this team. Completely outclassed by a good hockey team. The three leaders of this team have to be better.

It's time we bring up one of AA/Mantha and Jensen/Russo/Ouellet/Sproul for at least a short stint with our injuries... we obviously need some more help.

I expect a good show tomorrow. They probably want to get right back out there anyways.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Detroit wasn't that bad but they got worn out, lulled to sleep, stifled by the Wild's tight defense. We had some chances and momentum swings heavy in our favor but couldn't get through. Our 2nd line was the best of either team. The Wings simply got beaten and outplayed but it was close. The Wild are smart, pull back deep and wait for mistakes to attack.

Datsyuk at least we know he played. Some amazing moves through skates, turnovers and giveaways he caused defending, terrific possession. Yeah he had more bad flop passes and interceptions than usual but still. Can't say the same for Tatar or Nyquist- there were times I forgot they were even playing. Why are our 35 y/o's and 37 still the most dangerous players on the ice?

Well I mean they are hall of famers

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I am pretty happy with Datsyuk and Zetterberg's production and play. One is 35 and will more than likely end up having the most points on the team for the season, and the other is 37 and will probably finish the season averaging a point per game.

Realistically it can't get any better than what we are currently seeing.

HadVokounOnFortSt

Nov 30, 2015
Cloudy Town, Minn
Wilds trap hockey, Red Wings playing okay at best and you get this result. Was a very very boring hockey game to be at. Nothing happening all game from both teams. Lot of Wings fans there (like always) but the atmosphere all together was boring.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hopefully, I only get one chance to see them live per season!

Enjoy man!!! I choose not to pay to watch the one game at the UC, last year I was lucky enough to be in Naples when Game 5 at Tampa was going on so I drove up and took my lil bro to the game. It was great, less expensive than a Wings at Hawks game too.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
Well not sure why I fought off sleep for that snooze fest, doing that promptly.

Poor effort, our goal scorer was one of our worst players tonight, we got nothing from the front-line players.

The boys owe Mrazek some beers that was pathetic.
Do you not think after watching the other teams, that our team lacks a bit of effort and motivation compared to the rest of the league on average?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Datsyuk at least we know he played. Some amazing moves through skates, turnovers and giveaways he caused defending, terrific possession. Yeah he had more bad flop passes and interceptions than usual but still. Can't say the same for Tatar or Nyquist- there were times I forgot they were even playing. Why are our 35 y/o's and 37 still the most dangerous players on the ice?

Because Nyquist and Tatar aren't "star" level players. Also tats will be limited in ice time this year and line opportunity due to his impending bridge deal. And Larkin should take one of there spots over next year provided he doesn't have a soph slump due to 80 games or so off tape on him to study.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Minnesota has ALWAYS been boring games, no matter which coaches or players they have, it's always the same snoozefest.
Is it some kind of Minnesota-hockeyculture to always have boring games?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Do you not think after watching the other teams, that our team lacks a bit of effort and motivation compared to the rest of the league on average?

No, I think they played a poor game last night, with little energy. You usually have at least 5 of those a year for every team in the league.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Minnesota has ALWAYS been boring games, no matter which coaches or players they have, it's always the same snoozefest.

I didn't bother watching. Minn and Florida games I would rather bang my head repeatedly against a wall with violent force than watching either team. They score first and you might as well go to sleep.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Blashill will mix up the lines tomorrow, he ****ing has to

Yeah even Blash called out the team and himself saying that it was the worst performance yet. He has to do something can't see any reason why Nyquist-Datsyuk-Tatar can't be on the 2nd line Helm and Richards with Datsyuk is a waste. Come on Blashill shake the lines up here.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Probably the same with us but yeah Minnesota is pretty boring and i actually like them :(

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The lines have been bad for awhile now. Not sure what's going on there.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Pavel scored a nice goal but if you think he's still a superstar in this league... lol
Just can't agree with that.

Look at the possession numbers while he was gone and now that he's back. The difference is staggering. I'd take Datsyuk over any other 35+ player in the league. His personal possession numbers and corsi numbers are outstanding.

This is all really silly.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Look at the possession numbers while he was gone and now that he's back. The difference is staggering. I'd take Datsyuk over any other 35+ player in the league. His personal possession numbers and corsi numbers are outstanding.

agree , but he is not the same like 2 years ago , he played 20 min a game , that's too much for him

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

He's been pretty good (for an old man) this season, but last night (goal aside) he had the worst game of the second liners.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

Our posession numbers started significantly increasing two games prior to Datsyuks return. He is not the reason for our turnaround.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad