Speculation: Do Rossi/Boldy Make the Team Out of Camp?

Who makes the Minnesota Wild out of camp?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Flat out disagree and I outlined exactly why in the part you removed from my post you quoted. He would have basically been a 4th liner for any game he would have played anyways because the top 9 wingers were already set.

I feel like your reasoning from then has nothing to do with now. There are a ton of differences. Parise isn't on the team. Kaprizov isn't currently signed. Johansson, the guy who I wanted Boldy to replace in the playoffs and also didn't play a playoff game after game 3, isn't on the team.

If the top 9 is:

Kaprizov-center-Zuccarello
XXXX-center-Fiala
Foligno-center-Greenway

Who do you think XXXX should be if it's not Boldy? At least in the playoff scenario the guy who came in to replace Johansson low key has over 1,000 NHL regular season games and over 100 playoff games. Someone who has been in the situation before and might bring some experience and direction. The team went 2-2 with Parise in and 1-2 with Johansson in. Who are the guys we are talking over Boldy right now? Cramarossa? Rau? Who ya got cause I don't see a single player that anyone could make a remotely reasonable argument for keeping over Boldy.
You're trying to apply rational real reasoning to irrational not real reasoning from the GM.

I have more faith in you than I do in the GM in this decision.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
After watching the highlights of the last two games, I voted both make it. But I think Rossi gets sent down after a few games to work on center stuff... Boldy is in the big club for the season.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Hard not to see boldy on the team and even doing well. Kind of have to wait and see on rossi but not a lot of road blocks in his way.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Boldy was NHL ready at the end of last season. Rossi seems like he is there too, but I would throw him in the AHL for a few games at minimum.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
they will both make the team.

Boldy is ready,

And who seriously is going to beat rossi out of a top 6 C spot?....

If you want to make playoffs you play your best lineup every night, there is no argument in the world that says our best lineup doesnt include rossi in it.

Reactions: EazyE1

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Rossi was over matched against a bad AHL team. He's going to have to get a lot better real quick to be any kind of positive factor in an NHL game.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
they will both make the team.

Boldy is ready,

And who seriously is going to beat rossi out of a top 6 C spot?....

If you want to make playoffs you play your best lineup every night, there is no argument in the world that says our best lineup doesnt include rossi in it.

Rossi shouldn't be competing against Bjugstad, Sturm and Rask. The mark of whether Rossi should be in the NHL or not should be how well he can keep up with Fiala, Zuccarello against other good NHL players. Just because he's one of the four best centers doesn't mean he should automatically win the spot, or that he's ready to play in that top six role.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Rossi makes smart plays and very good short area passes. He is also opportunistic. His faceoffs and defense game are as good as they can be for a rookie. His core strength is good.

He is not your average prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad