Do PIT fans underrate how good the Isles and Habs were the last two playoffs?

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think in general people overreact to playoff losses.

Didnt win turns into couldnt win. The randomness of a 7 game series combined with the fact that sometimes a team isnt playing to their 100% potential while another is and thats just something that happens.
I agree, but those Penguin teams couldn't beat the Islanders and Canadiens. Not with the effort they were willing to put forth anyway. I've never seen a team as listless as those teams in the playoffs before. I've seen overmatched teams. I've seen undisciplined teams. I've seen frustrated teams. I've seen overconfident teams. I've never seen a team that seemed to care as little as those teams. That was the most concerning point to me. This wasn't like the 2010 Canadien series where they threw everything they had at them but got Halak'ed. Or the 2012 team that was so undisciplined losing to the Flyers. Or the 2013 team that was overmatched by the Bruins. There were valid criticisms of those teams, but at least they looked like they wanted to be there.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Lol, no. There's an ora of arrogance surrounding this fanbase. The automatic assumption that just because we have Sid and Geno, we are better than other teams. The only thing shocking anymore is the fact that people are shocked when we are beat by good teams.

It's not unlike how we currently evaluate players - most posters here evaluate players based on name recognition. No name recognition = bad player. Historically not great team = bad team regardless of actual performance. And then there's shock when they are good. Lol.

Ottawa in 2017? Ottawa in 2017 was a good team. Go back and look at the roster. This was not the Ottawa team of 2018 to 2021. Anderson was also fantastic...seemingly out of nowhere.

I was referring to Ottawa's structure. I mean are you trying to argue Ottawa wasn't a total surprise that year? If you're arguing that you're wrong or just arguing just to agrue.

This team (Penguins) do not seem to want to have any business trying to skate through defensive interference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad