Friedman: "Do not count out Dallas" on Panarin

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
No, we went after Taveres and Karlsson. We have the space.

Do you, though?

Nearly every dollar of Spezza's $7.5M AAV will be committed to raises for other players - Seguin is already chewing up $4.1M of that; Lindell will surely get a big raise from $2.2M, guy played 27 minutes the other night. Janmark, Ritchie and Dickinson need new contracts, unless there are plans to move them.

I can't help but think all those raises put Dallas right back to where they are currently, with ~$500K in cap space. And that's without Panarin in the fold.

(As an aside, A+ avatar. What a throwback)

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Do you, though?

Nearly every dollar of Spezza's $7.5M AAV will be committed to raises for other players - Seguin is already chewing up $4.1M of that; Lindell will surely get a big raise from $2.2M, guy played 27 minutes the other night. Janmark, Ritchie and Dickinson need new contracts, unless there are plans to move them.

I can't help but think all those raises put Dallas right back to where they are currently, with ~$500K in cap space. And that's without Panarin in the fold.

Hanzal could go on LTIR same with Johns. Not to mention there would likely be a roster player or two traded to make the deal (Janmark, Nichushkin, Honka, etc)

Reactions: Kcb12345

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
For what exactly? Heiskanen and their 1st are the only things coveted.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Do you, though?

2019/20
Cap Ceiling: 83M

Benn (9.5/6) - Seguin (9.9/8) - Radulov (6.3/3)

Janmark (?) - Hintz (0.9/1) - Gurianov (0.9/1)

Coglino (3.3/2) - Faksa (2.2/1) - Comeau (2.4/2)

Nichushkin (3.0/1) - Dickinson (?) - Pitlick (1.0/1)

Scratch: Hanzal (4.8/1), XXX

Lindell (?) - Klingberg (4.3/3)

Heiskanen (0.9/2) - Johns (2.4/2)

Bayreuther (?) - XXX

Scratch: Honka (?)

Bishop (5.0/4)

Khudobin (2.5/1)

No buyouts, maybe some bonus overage for Heiskanen.

Janmark, on pace for 27 points ~2.5M
Lindell, on pace for 34 points ~5.0M
Dickinson, on pace for 25 points ~2.0M
Bayreuther and Honka, fringe NHLers ~1.0M

Cap Hit: 70.8M

That’s assuming we don’t move any players, counting Hanzal and Johns who are LTIR candidates, and rounding up on most of these contracts we still have 12M in space after re-signing. Enough space for one great player or two good players.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Jimmy Nill likes the big splash. This could be a good blaze of glory for him

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Hanzal could go on LTIR same with Johns. Not to mention there would likely be a roster player or two traded to make the deal (Janmark, Nichushkin, Honka, etc)

2019/20
Cap Ceiling: 83M

Benn (9.5/6) - Seguin (9.9/8) - Radulov (6.3/3)

Janmark (?) - Hintz (0.9/1) - Gurianov (0.9/1)

Coglino (3.3/2) - Faksa (2.2/1) - Comeau (2.4/2)

Nichushkin (3.0/1) - Dickinson (?) - Pitlick (1.0/1)

Scratch: Hanzal (4.8/1), XXX

Lindell (?) - Klingberg (4.3/3)

Heiskanen (0.9/2) - Johns (2.4/2)

Bayreuther (?) - XXX

Scratch: Honka (?)

Bishop (5.0/4)

Khudobin (2.5/1)

No buyouts, maybe some bonus overage for Heiskanen.

Janmark, on pace for 27 points ~2.5M
Lindell, on pace for 34 points ~5.0M
Dickinson, on pace for 25 points ~2.0M
Bayreuther and Honka, fringe NHLers ~1.0M

Cap Hit: 70.8M

That’s assuming we don’t move any players, counting Hanzal and Johns who are LTIR candidates, and rounding up on most of these contracts we still have 12M in space after re-signing. Enough space for one great player or two good players.

I didn't realize Hanzal was such a hazard, honestly. I did some research - just had his third back surgery? Jesus.

Recovering that $4.75M will certainly help.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I didn't realize Hanzal was such a hazard, honestly. I did some research - just had his third back surgery? Jesus.

Recovering that $4.75M will certainly help.

No worries, on paper it does look like we are screwed, but the one good thing about having no depth is that players don’t end up getting a huge raise. We should be in a good position to add at the deadline/draft/UFA.

Reactions: The Dallas Jims

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Why is it unlikely he signs with Dallas? I think they have a very good team just underperforming this year. I don't think CBJ will get the price for Panarin that they want.

They've underperformed almost every year in the last decade.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Do you, though?

Only a f***ing moron would give them raises after their respective outputs this season.

Hope you've met our GM, Mr. f***ing Moron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad