Friedman: "Do not count out Dallas" on Panarin

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I dont know if Panarin is the right pickup for Dallas. I would rather get two guys over Panarin, but who knows what's going to happen...

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I have no idea why Dallas would be looking at Panarin, nor why the breadman would go there, the Stars were an absolute mess last night and have been trending that way most of the season.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Why is it unlikely he signs with Dallas? I think they have a very good team just underperforming this year. I don't think CBJ will get the price for Panarin that they want.

He seems to want to stay on the east coast, as far as I've heard.

He also wouldn't be quite the marquee player here that he could be elsewhere, which matters for a lot of players.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019

He also wouldn't be quite the marquee player here that he could be elsewhere, which matters for a lot of players.

Well, if that's a reason for him not to sign somewhere then maybe its better for Stars that he doesn't sign with them. He would look pretty dominant alongside Seguin.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He said this himself, in English, after he fired his Former agent: "I want to test free angency."

None of the insiders believe that though. They know there's a good chance he goes to Florida at the deadline to get 8 years.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Well, if that's a reason for him not to sign somewhere then maybe its better for Stars that he doesn't sign with them. He would look pretty dominant alongside Seguin.

It's all speculation, I'm just regurgitating what I've seen. I don't think anyone besides Panarin himself and maybe his new agent know what he's looking for.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

He’s already the marquee player on CBJ and it doesn’t mean jack shit to him. He wants beaches and models and that’s it

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I remember when Friedman said we were a stealth team to land Erik Karlsson too. A week later we emerged as the front runners to land him and eventually we ended up 2nd to the Sharks who ended up getting him obviously...never know I guess. Nill targeted Tavares and Karlsson last summer. Desperation could trigger a trade for Panarin but that's one pricey rental...

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
None of the insiders believe that though. They know there's a good chance he goes to Florida at the deadline to get 8 years.
Not sure if over a half empty arena would deter Panarin from signing there. He would bring in some more fans/viewers of course, I think.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The closest Dallas will get to Panarin is the frequent appearances he makes on Radulov's Instagram live videos.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Sure. I'll believe it when i see it. Dallas seems to always be "in it" but never does anything.

Lol what? Have you been living under a rock the last 5 years? Where'd Seguin, Spezza, and Radulov come from then?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Dallas has to be one of the most directionless franchises in the NHL, since Nill took over they have largely lived in the black hole, finishing with around 90 points in three of the five seasons (and on pace for that this year).

The worst thing in the world in this league is to be a 90 point fringe playoff team every year, if Nill isn't going to rebuild he might as well just go for it and hope Panarin pushes them to contender status, there really isn't any downside to this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad