Do I spend money on this team??

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Go to the game and have fun , win or lose just enjoy the game like a hockey fan .
Last time i saw an NHL game "live" was in 95 with the Nordiques .
I'm jealous , i wish i could go see the Avs , like i said win or lose it's not important .
What's important, is that you get to see something you enjoy watching.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Go to the game and have fun , win or lose just enjoy the game like a hockey fan .
Last time i saw an NHL game "live" was in 95 with the Nordiques .
I'm jealous , i wish i could go see the Avs , like i said win or lose it's not important .
What's important, is that you get to see something you enjoy watching.

It's really hard to watch your team lose every time and keep losing. Especially team you love and you work hard to pay those tickets.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Ironically I just spent $200 today on tickets for the game in Calgary tomorrow.

Probably not worth wasting your money. I am going partly to see Iginla in one of his last games as a Flame.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Why not? I watched them in the year we got Duchene and went 1-20 or something absurd to end the season.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
It's really hard to watch your team lose every time and keep losing. Especially team you love and you work hard to pay those tickets.

You got the wrong guy to agree with you on that one :laugh:, I've been a Nords fan in the dark years . Once your team get a 31 points season and yet you're still a fan ... you're kinda bulletproof for everything else .:laugh:

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
Sacco092109.jpg

I'll probably still go. I've only been to a few games in my life (I wish SLC would get a team, but it'll never happen). I'll probably just get upper bowl instead of lower bowl.

Go to watch the young guns play live if anything.. id never go to Denver and not see the Avs. You a fan? or just like the team as a secondary?

m0ngr31

The plus side is tickets are cheap. Can sit in lower bowl for $15/ticket or club level for $35/ticket.

Where??

ALSO **** YES SIGUR ROS. THE CURRENT TOUR IS AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!

Yeah man I'm so effing excited. I can't wait. :yo:

People should take into account that m0ngr can't just go see them whenever.

I haven't gone to a game in a few years. When Stewie got a hatty against the Blues.

Go to watch the young guns play live if anything.. id never go to Denver and not see the Avs. You a fan? or just like the team as a secondary?

I've been a fan since they came over. I've just been frustrated the last season or two at how awful the management/team (pick one) have been.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
This forum group think that you somehow shouldn't spend a cent on the Avs is idiotic.

why is it idiotic? I'm a hockey fan first and an Avalanche fan second, and the quality of hockey that this team is putting out is pretty poor. With the exception of Duchene and Parenteau (and Varly if he's having a good night) the team as a whole is really uninteresting to watch, they have a poor breakout with minimal physical presence as well as yawn-inducing forechecking that leads to low-chance scoring opportunities. Watching the current Avs is a lot like watching the Islanders circa 2010 and there's a ton of stuff to do in Colorado that's time better spent.

OP, my advice is to use the money for Avs tickets to do something like renting mountain bikes in Estes Park or go white-water rafting or hike Pikes Peak. Have fun, not frustration.

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
Go to the game. It's not everyday your in Denver while the Avs are playing. Last year I drove 15 hours(should of been 8) through a snowstorm to watch the Avs beat the Oilers 3-1.

You got the wrong guy to agree with you on that one :laugh:, I've been a Nords fan in the dark years . Once your team get a 31 points season and yet you're still a fan ... you're kinda bulletproof for everything else .:laugh:

I completely agree with Frenchy. I'm a season ticket holder for the Prince George Cougars of the WHL and I've been around for 12 win seasons and have been to 5 games where the opposition has put up 10 or more goals. When you can support a team in such dark times nothing will make you stop.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I try to fly in once a year just to catch a few games. If I just happened to be in Denver while the avs were playing, I'd definitely go.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If you'll be with a few friends, go the Avs game. Even if the Avs don't show up, at least you can have a good time still.

MyXoMoPBL

Mar 4, 2013
Linköping
Holy **** tickets are that expensive for NHL games? 200 dollars.. In sweden you get to see a game for 8 dollars and the atmosphere is 10 times as good.

On topic: You should be asking yourself if you want to see the Avs, not be asking a forum and have others decide for you what to do with your money. If you truely wish to see them then go, if you are hesitant and rather spend your money elsewhere then go and do just that.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
why is it idiotic? I'm a hockey fan first and an Avalanche fan second, and the quality of hockey that this team is putting out is pretty poor. With the exception of Duchene and Parenteau (and Varly if he's having a good night) the team as a whole is really uninteresting to watch, they have a poor breakout with minimal physical presence as well as yawn-inducing forechecking that leads to low-chance scoring opportunities. Watching the current Avs is a lot like watching the Islanders circa 2010 and there's a ton of stuff to do in Colorado that's time better spent.

OP, my advice is to use the money for Avs tickets to do something like renting mountain bikes in Estes Park or go white-water rafting or hike Pikes Peak. Have fun, not frustration.

If you get more enjoyment doing something else with your money, you should spend your money elsewhere. It's common sense.

Expecting others not to spend money on Avs to teach the evil Lacroix, Sacco and Kroenke a lesson is idiotic. Duchene, O'Reilly, Landeskog, Varlamov, EJ, Parenteau etc cost money. You can't selectively withhold Sacco money. Boycotting the team ensures they have less money to spend on good players too. It ensures we shop in the Zanon shop come July.

I never understood why fans of the team have this idea that they can starve the beast and the organization coming out better on the other side. It's completely irrational.

Last edited:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
As somebody else who only goes to games on the handful of occasions I've been to Denver over the last 15 years...it's worth it as a special event kinda thing imo.

Investing money (either as an individual or as a company) as a Denver resident (or whatever city your franchise is located in) into season ticket type packages is an entirely different story to me and I find absolutely no fault in an STH getting fed up and saying screw you to management, I'm not going to pump significant, hard-earned funds of my own until you show some level of commitment towards icing a winning product instead of the steaming pile of mediocrity you seem perfectly content with.

Mant*

It's funny how the same people who whine about pepsi center attendance being low, or there being so many wings and hawks fans filling the seats, are also the ones telling others not to go to games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad