Do I spend money on this team??

m0ngr31

So it's my birthday in a couple of weeks, and my wife got me some Sigur Ros tickets in Denver (for the 6th). My question is do I spend money on going to see the Avs when I know they are going to get killed by the Wings on the 5th?

I live out of state (it's about a 6 hour drive to Denver), so do I just see them while I'm there or so I go waste $200 somewhere else?

I've watched about 90% of the Avs games since they've come over to Denver, but these last few seasons have just about killed me :help:

m0ngr31

Maybe I'll take the $200 I would have spent at the game and bet it on the Wings :laugh:

Appleanche

Jan 15, 2013
Asheville, NC
Eh, I'd check to see if you can find some cheap tickets, I doubt they'll be going for $200.

Even the cheap seats have decent views and atmosphere.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Spend the money and go. The rivalry may be dead for the players. But for the people in the stands it lives. Avs/Wings games are still a blast. Hell I'd be going if the Rockies home opener wasn't on the same day.

Besides, who says the Avs are gonna get killed

m0ngr31

Besides, who says the Avs are gonna get killed

Sacco092109.jpg

I'll probably still go. I've only been to a few games in my life (I wish SLC would get a team, but it'll never happen). I'll probably just get upper bowl instead of lower bowl.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I bought a hat and sweatshirt this year, as well as center ice. But I watch a lot of other teams too.

All in all about $230 and none of it directly to the Avs but to the league. I want to go to an Avs game next year when they come to the area, but being a student I'll probably save my money for center ice and avoid another potential horror show.

Mouse21*

the question is, why would you? it isnt going to be entertaining at all.
just spend the money on something else. i dont get it.

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
I'm driving back home from Oregon to Fort Collins to visit family and am attending the April 5th Red Wings game. Of course I bought tix pretty much as soon as the season started and I had no idea the team would suck nearly as much they do. My son and I will have a good time regardless.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah...If you have a chance to catch an NHL game I'd say go for it. I remember working at a power plant in North Carolina (south of Raleigh) when the Cane's first moved down from Hartford. I would drive all the way out to Greensboro to watch the AVs in a pre-season game.

You never know when you'll have a chance to watch them again live so enjoy it whenever you can.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Are you guys still Avalanche fans? Yeesh, go see your favourite hockey team.

Exactly...

Theres really only 1 glaring problem with the team right now, and its not on the ice(Ok maybe 2 if you count the pylons on Defense). It just stands about 3 feet away from the ice all the time.

Support the players, in a couple years tickets will be hard to find again.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
What the eff is wrong with you? I wouldn't even spend $ on the team if I was a Blackhawks fan.

After the BS that this league put you through, don't spend a cent on them. If you buy merch like hockey card then it should be used. I wouldn't even pay for Gamecenter, I'd subscribe to HockeyStreams or use the free gamecenter apk floating online.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Maybe fans should stop going to games for a while to send the ownership and the management a message that we want a winning team on the ice.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The last few seasons I only go to the games that I get free tickets from my peeps, because IMO there is no point in spending money to watch this team play.

A Shiny Zubat

Lurker
Jan 3, 2011
Darmstadt
If seat location isn't an issue you can get to seat for around 35$ including the service fee from Stubhub. I rolled over my season ticket $ from this season to next year since I didn't want to drive to Denver from the Springs so often on a condensed schedule. I've gone to a few games this season with tickets from Stubhub, its good for bargain seats, if you are willing to support a team that isn't a great product right now.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
This forum group think that you somehow shouldn't spend a cent on the Avs is idiotic. Especially when it comes from a group of people who watch most of the games, while insisting the team shouldn't make money and insisting that Kroenke is cheap.

Spend the money if you think the entertainment/experience you get from going to a game will be worth your money. I'm sure that with the team not having the best of seasons, cheap tickets should be available.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I say go, just cause they're not a good team doesn't mean you shouldn't if you have the chance, tickets probably won't be bad depending on where you sit.

I don't see why people don't want to go support their team just cause they're not doing well, hell, I've seen them 12 times now and they have only won once.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I say go, just cause they're not a good team doesn't mean you shouldn't if you have the chance, tickets probably won't be bad depending on where you sit.

I don't see why people don't want to go support their team just cause they're not doing well, hell, I've seen them 12 times now and they have only won once.

It's not about team doing well, It's about team management doing some stupid ****, like not firing Sacco and having this defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad