Do Avs fans' Despise Chris Stewart?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I wouldn't want him back, but I don't despise him. I despise very few players in the NHL though. I don't like many and that includes Stewart. He is just too much of an enigma as a player. Some games he looks like the best PF in the NHL, others he looks like a lazy 4th liner. I would much rather have a player like Landeskog, who may not be nearly as talented, but is the much better overall player.

member 116861

Despise is a strong word. I don't despise him but I don't like him and I don't want him back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don't really care about him and don't really care of wanting him back except for underpayment by our part (like a 2nd rounder or something).

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
That's kind of a tough question...I don't personally believe that he departed on good terms with the fans. His remarks after his first game with the Blues was taken as an insult to the Avs fans (talking about how he liked playing in front of a full building).

And his "taunt" after fighting Sarich (I didn't see it myself) and his talking about Giguere's "Las Vegas comments" (calling him out for being a bad teammate is how I took that) all point to him being someone that we probably wouldn't welcome back.

But when you add on to that his known Work Ethic issues (and we saw those first hand), I think it's even clearer still.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Despise is kinda harsh, but he is a punk with a poor attitude and lazy work ethic. I've never been a Stewart fan, and wouldn't want his toxic attitude near this team. He is a lot like Wolski, talented but lazy.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I would never want him back that's for sure.

Despise is a strong word, but I definitely dislike the guy.

He's a lazy player, only effective when he puts in effort which isn't very often, and he's not great defensively.

Then you have the factors outside of the actual game, and yea not a fan of his at all.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I still like Manbearpig, but I wouldn't want him back unless he came cheap. Just don't like the idea of committing the assets his talent is worth to a guy who's so inconsistent.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I still like Manbearpig, but I wouldn't want him back unless he came cheap. Just don't like the idea of committing the assets his talent is worth to a guy who's so inconsistent.
I like him, but when push comes to shove I wouldn't want him back for the amount he would cost.

If he was willing to be paid around four mill I'd be down to bring him back.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I dislike him and most certainly do not want him back on the Avs...but despise? No, that's too harsh.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
He makes me sad that people could be so gifted athletically and so lethargic on the whole. It's like he couldn't care less that he could be a top goal scoring winger some games, yet others he decides he's going to make an impact.

Between that play on the ice and his sportsmanship level, I wouldn't want him back. But I don't despise him, I moreso pity him.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think Avs fans in general despise him. He is however playing on a division rival that Avs most likely have to go through to win in the playoffs in the future, so it's going to be fun playing him in the future.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like him, but when push comes to shove I wouldn't want him back for the amount he would cost.

If he was willing to be paid around four mill I'd be down to bring him back.

I wouldn't even got that high. If he would take a Jamie McGinn like 3-3.5M, I might be open to it, but at 4, that's too steep.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
He is a fantastic scorer, but terrible at every other facet of a the game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd say despise is a word only reserved for one NHL player, and he's in Detroit now.

I think he always has been a one dimensional streaky goal scorer, with consistent work ethic problems. So in that sense I don't think he's anywhere near a premier player, and don't mind he's gone.

I also think his BS actions being so gung ho to challenge Sarich to a fight after a clean hit, and then waiving his arms in the air after he beat up the 35 year old in a blowout game was absolutely pathetic. Completely selfish, and not in line with a traditional NHL team concept, or traditional NHL respect for your opponents.

I don't like him, and I wish the refs would have let Bordy kick the crap out of him for that nonsense, instead of giving him a penalty for talking before a faceoff which I've never seen before and don't think is actually in the rulebook.

NWAvs

Jan 20, 2009
Seattle
Despise him, he plays like an ******* (which helps his team) but the way he acted while blowing out the Avs jaded my view of him. Hope he gets traded to Florida at the deadline or something.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
I don't despise him, but I wouldn't really want him back. He's such a frustrating player because he's got the size and skill to be one of the best power forwards in the league, but his motor is so inconsistent that it can be maddening to watch him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad