Do all fanbases attack their own star players during tough times?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Zetterberg and Datsyuk are usually impervious, though we will comment in it if they're slumping. But it's usually more of a "they'll come around, they'll be fine" instead of scape goating and attacking.

This. We treat our stars like gods in the Wings forum. Mostly because they are :D

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Bergeron gets a free pass for everything. Usually because he's never the goat, but he can disappear like he did for the last 3 games in the Montreal series and no one notices.

Rask on the other hand... ohhhh man.

"Svedberg at 600K is better than Rask at 7mil"

Both goalies let in 3 last night, Svedberg with a couple super-stinkers.

"I wish Rask would make a timely save once a while"

Okay.

yapperface

Bo Knows
Jan 22, 2010
British Columbia
We criticized our franchise goalie right out of town. So yes. Sedins catch more than their fair share too. Threads often devolve into team-blame-Goalies and team-blame-twins.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Of course they do. Pietrangleo is struggling by his terms this season and is getting plenty of grief for it.

YES! Right now it's tough reading the Blues board because apparently everyone expect STL should be traded.

Petro-Garbage sissy who should be traded for anything they can get
Backes-Overrated, old, fake tough guy
Oshie-Worst player since....ever, trade for a 3rd
Steen-Worthless cap dump
JBo-IT salesman
Allen-Bust
Stastny-Even bigger bust
Sobotka-Best Blues player in history

Unfortunately, I'm not exaggerating:shakehead

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
It happens in Philly if a player doesn't bring it every game. Giroux does that though, so he's pretty much impervious to any criticism

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
We criticized our franchise goalie right out of town. So yes. Sedins catch more than their fair share too. Threads often devolve into team-blame-Goalies and team-blame-twins.

Only Daniel

Henrik is safe except with y2k

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
We don't currently have a star but the number of cats fans who want Barkov traded before his 20th birthday is facepalm worthy.

Lou is still in his grace period and is playing well but I'm curious to see how it goes when he has been here a bit longer and goes through a slump.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
On the Sens board, for years Spezza was the scapegoat of our bad play. Even if he wasn't on the ice for a goal, some people would make the argument that his very presence on the team was hindering the teams progress. Before 2007, Alfredsson was the scapegoat of some poor playoff performances by the Sens. Now it seems like a small portion of the fanbase, (including me after last nights game), is slowly starting to criticize Karlsson's play more and more when before he was never blamed for anything. Does this happen with most other fanbases as well?

The GDT last night was depressing indeed.
I think some suggested to trade Karlsson and Andy, etc.

Just the way it is. People will have their opinions

And Karlsson has received flack before, but now it is a bit overboard. He is consistently playing with a rookie D (Boro) as well as a Depth D (Phillips)

Probably the only one near immune on our board is Anderson

Last edited:

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
This. We treat our stars like gods in the Wings forum. Mostly because they are :D

I disagree. Wings fans will turn on our super stars even when we are winning. Perfect example Dan Cleary. :sarcasm:

Of course I was kidding but it seams with most fanbases that the guys who are usually the most negative seem to be the most vocal as well. Which as a fan is their right.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1801531

^read through the last 10 or so pages.

Maybe "ripped" is the wrong word, but he's getting criticized.I often read opposing team threads as a point of interest.

Yeah, but that's really the first time the boot has come down so critically. Sid had arguably his worst game of his career last night...and the rest of his top 5 worst games also came this month. Last night was sort of the dam breaking, semi-cathartic release for many of us.

It's not typical, but Sid is definitely frustrating the hell out of Pens fans right now.

Malkin definitely hasn't come under this type of friendly fire.

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
Definitely happens to Crosby and Malkin. They get criticized a lot. Poor Fleury gets dumped on whether he's playing or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad