Do all fanbases attack their own star players during tough times?

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
While a select few posters were criticizing JT during this recent slump, most of us understood that it was just a post injury slump and that he'd be back to normal in no time because it's JT, guy has an amazing attitude and work ethic and simply will not let himself fail for so long.

Most of our blame is usually on D or goaltending, because that has been our main issues for a very very long time.

Didn't Stamkos and Tavares train together? I could of sworn I read that, that during the off season they both kind of went together on their own training regiment. Kind of a huge coincidence then if it is true and both of them are struggling compared to their normal selves. If that is the case. You Keep Tavares away from Stamkos, and we will keep Stamkos away from Tavares. Deal?

PricePkPatch*

Most people are pretty level headed in that regard on the Habs board. But there's a few noted posters that have agendas against Pacioretty and Subban.

Price has been spared for the most part over the last couple of years because he's been pretty much flawless, but I wouldn't be surprised if some closet Halak fans gave him a hard time the minute he has a tough stretch.

Habs are not in "tough times", id say.

If you wanna see tough times, look at 2011-12

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
CBJ fanbase will defend its stars during tough times and then kill them during good times. Like right now we're killing Johansen for no reason. We were killing Bob earlier in the year and earlier last year. But we defended Nash during the suck years.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
most teams.... except the oilers oddly.

Oiler fans seem to pump their guys up all the time (Hall is best LW, Nuge has Datsyuk defensive upside, Yak could be a 40 goal guy one day etc...), and the reason for the teams struggles is everything but the players themselves.

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
I never see Hawks fans criticize Toews/Kane.

It's usually 2nd/3rd tier players who get a lot of flak. Examples being Handzus, Sharp, Versteeg (before his ressurgance), Oduya, and Leddy to name a few.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
In Philly we take this a step farther, we attack our star players not only during the bad times but also during the good. See: Schmidt, Michael Jack; Lindros, Eric; or McNabb, Donovan for more reference.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I work with a "Habs fan" who still brings up the Halak trade whenever Price has a bad game, or Halak a good one. It's hard to even argue when your dealing with that level of stupidity. :laugh:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I don't believe those saying they don't. Players don't stay perfect or hot throughout the season, slumps occure or they just look lakadasical on ice.

So far this season some Kings fans have complained about: kopitar, doughty, Carter, quick and that's only the beginning. I don't get why some people get offended when star players get critized; when you're playing like crap you're playing like crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->