OT: DnD One Shot

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
And like I was struck by a bolt of lightning, I'm suddenly starting to understand this place

888.jpg

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
One time my big time nerd friend tried to get us to play Mordheim (A DnD variant) when we were all over his house for his birthday. After one hour of setting up our characters and not playing, I tapped out and said, nope, I can't take this. I was like, maybe if I hold out, I can do fun trolly shit when we actually play. But no. Character sheets are f***ing ludicrous.

I'm a nerd, but I got my limits on my nerdiness. Now, building my own computer tho, that's my jam.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Danil Clearly, the arcane trickster rogue who uses charm person to convince King Kenneth to keep him employed for way too long.
Hey, by all accounts, Dan Cleary IS a lovely person and the type of guy you'd want in the trench with you. However, when your trench buddy's got no legs and you have to jump into no man's land, he's not exactly the best option for taking the enemy army's territory.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Hey, by all accounts, Dan Cleary IS a lovely person and the type of guy you'd want in the trench with you. However, when your trench buddy's got no legs and you have to jump into no man's land, he's not exactly the best option for taking the enemy army's territory.

If you're playing a rogue, you don't want charisma to be your dump stat.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
One time my big time nerd friend tried to get us to play Mordheim (A DnD variant) when we were all over his house for his birthday. After one hour of setting up our characters and not playing, I tapped out and said, nope, I can't take this. I was like, maybe if I hold out, I can do fun trolly shit when we actually play. But no. Character sheets are f***ing ludicrous.

I'm a nerd, but I got my limits on my nerdiness. Now, building my own computer tho, that's my jam.

Yeah I'm definitely about the experience of role playing way, way beyond all the numbers. That stuff is way too tedious for me to enjoy.

But I can see how folks would get invested in very long campaigns. After you understand all that tedious stuff it falls into the background. But when you're new, holy smokes.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Yeah I'm definitely about the experience of role playing way, way beyond all the numbers. That stuff is way too tedious for me to enjoy.

But I can see how folks would get invested in very long campaigns. After you understand all that tedious stuff it falls into the background. But when you're new, holy smokes.

Pretty much. My two best friends f***ing love the stuff. They go for their annual trip to GenCon for all the board game and stuff like this. I won't deny that there is a cool aspect to things when you can get really deep into and enjoy them. Like he gets to teach classes with some of the more well-known mini painters because he's bi-lingual (English/Spanish) which is amazing. It would be like if I could attend a goaltending camp taught by Carey Price or something. But still, yeah, it's a very high bar of nerdiness to get into that.

I hope you all have fun with this one, I don't see it being for me.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Will the game be published online like the bears game? I will be in MI in July and will have my cousin show me how this stuff works. He is a Dungeon Master and runs games. He was not familiar with Honey Heist but he reviewed it and said it was a simple concept and easy to grasp. The creator is prolific. Impressed with his site and all of the games he has created. I just don't understand any of the terms and have no clue what I am reading in this thread. Would this be conceptually like Strat-O-Matic?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Agreed, probably do a mixture of both then. FOr the people not super comfortable with creating their own characters. Good idea!

Honestly, the easy way to do this is leverage our DNDBeyond accounts.

If anyone wants to have their character sheet set up the easy way they can PM us with ideas, we bounce a few back and forth and then create it in DNDBeyond and then export to PDF.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Reactions: Konnan511

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad