Speculation: Dmitry Orlov and Garnet Hathaway scratched for trade purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
I don't give two shits about the Ovechkin-Wilson Caps, so I know very little about their team. Is Orlov still at the high level of play that he was, like, 5 years ago? And isn't Hathaway essentially a plug?

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Honestly it's kinda ballsy for the Capitals to decide to sell, you'd think they'd want to maximize the remaining years they have with Ovechkin and Backstrom. The Penguins probably should take a page from that book, because I think the Caps are making a smart decision in casting aside this year.

Marchand certainly shouldn't be a fan considering Hathaway's typical cheapshot boarding that left him with a shoulder injury no? Bruins will do better.
Trust me, they will be good friends if Hathaway goes to Boston. Hathaway will improve Boston tremendously alone.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Given that the Caps will want to stay good enough to help OV reach the record, and competitive through his final years, I suspect they'll prefer to acquire high end young assets over picks. (Unless they can somehow see the picks turning into a top 1 or 2 selection.)

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
I don't give two shits about the Ovechkin-Wilson Caps, so I know very little about their team. Is Orlov still at the high level of play that he was, like, 5 years ago? And isn't Hathaway essentially a plug?
No they are both amazing players on a shitty team

and the good news is the entire league is about to realize it after Hathaway and Orlov are traded.

Reactions: Vukotal Recall

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I’ve been thinking for a while that the caps should target Buffalo’s first round pick because it has potential to be the highest.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Holland… Orlov is THAT guy, give up the pieces for him I beg you. Please do something!

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
If the rumoured price for Gavrikov is a 1+3, then surely Orlov will bring back the equivalent of a pair of 1sts.

Any team paying that steep of a price will have to see him more than just a rental. Teams like Buffalo, LA, Carolina (playoff hopes + cap room) would make a lot of sense.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Any Capitals fans have any rumors on what he’s looking for aav wise on his next contract?

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Washington after that loss to Detroit at home;

giphy.gif

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
This seems like one of the best fits for the Oilers.

Karlsson isn’t happening
Probably Oilers or Boston. I doubt anyone will trade for Karlsson and his contract unless SJ trades him last minute for a much reduced return

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Going to be interesting to see how this he Bruins are with Hathaway in the room
Every team hates Hathaway though. He’s a good dude but on the ice, probably the most hated guy out there.

Such a good addition to a playoff squad though. He will make it all about him and draw some penalties. Literally every scrum he’s a complete and total dick. I love him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad