Rumor: Dmitri Samorukov to CSKA, KHL

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Broberg isn't really ahead of Samurai in depth chart yet.
That is like saying Bouchard is ahead of Bear in depth chart.

Samourkov is more NHL ready than Broberg right now but neither was going to make the NHL these playoffs nor next season.

Samourkov did not carry on his offensive awesomeness from junior to AHL so a little disappointment there. Otherwise nothing wrong with his progression from jr to pro.

Samourkov is more NHL ready than Broberg right now but neither was going to make the NHL these playoffs nor next season.

Samourkov did not carry on his offensive awesomeness from junior to AHL so a little disappointment there. Otherwise nothing wrong with his progression from jr to pro.
So you're saying that norhing was wrong with his progression except it was awesomeless ..
Ok

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I don't know why people are claiming he struggled for the Condors this year.

He wasn't able to force his way above the third pairing so at most you could say his season could've been more impressive.

But a first year pro doing recently on the third pairing isn't struggling.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
That is the thing though it wasn't that reasonable to think he'd be able to put up big offensive numbers with a team that had Bouchard on it.
Why? Because only one Dman is allowed to produce per team?
No one was expecting PPG fr him but better than 10 pts for sure

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

I've seen this come up a bit but i don't think it's correct to be down on his offensive production. Dmen get the vast majority of their points on the PP. Samorukov didn't get much PP opportunity with Bouchard, Jones, and even Persson taking almost all of it afaik, I'm also not sure if Day was getting minutes over him at times as he was a strong option the year before for them. As for even strength production believe it or not generally speaking a guy who gets 1 even strength points every 4 games is actually producing rather well. Compounding that is the reality the Condors struggled to score, the lack of quality veteran D to partner with their top guys, and the fact he was slow played early in the season. Samorukov was not in a great position to succeed let alone produce and still survived with only a -5 on a team with virtually no goaltending. I don't think anyone should be worried about his season, it was a good first year of getting his feet wet in a tough situation. When I watch him play I see a guy with every tool in the box, especially on the defensive end. I still think he's a near lock to be a top 4 dman.

Reactions: LTIR and B33K33PING

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad