Speculation: DJ Smith Extended

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I have been skeptical about DJ but I'm more open to him now. Maybe it was more the context with 10 months off and no real training camp that had more to do with the team not being ready to compete at the start of the season. The hockey systems looked discombulated but with time, it looked much more organized and actually quite effective by the end.

My only worry is how much involved he was in acquiring guys like Gudbranson, Josh Brown, Coburn, Stepan, Paquette and Galchenyuk?

Got a nice raise from making minimum wage last time around

Wouldn't be surprised if he was making 15.00$ an hour

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Emrasie

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm not a fan of Smith, but I'm ok having him signed on for two years. Having two years of job security might allow him to play the kids a bit more.

We'll see what happens.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
He came into the season with a plan to play the older guys ahead of the younger guys to help acclimatize them. It didn't work out and he ended up playing the younger guys to more success. I'll take a coach that understands mistakes and adjusts based on what he is seeing in front of him in games/practice any day of the week.

Did he played the younger guys by choices or because the vets were traded or injured i'm really skeptical with him, the only thing i give to him is the players likes him.
But how in 9 games you doesn't find a game plan to win against EdM? Your team plays better when you have no choice on personel. People quickly forget.

NB: To be clear i'm not against the deal, but to say it's a great news or a good coach , let's see.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
DJ was wrong about the D at the start of last season - Zub didn’t even dress. And he’s doing it again with bad, old slow vets when what we need is something more dynamic. The entire fan base was asking for Brannstrom to play last year at the exact same time.

His slow D let in 7 goals - common man.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
DJ was wrong about the D at the start of last season - Zub didn’t even dress. And he’s doing it again with bad, old slow vets when what we need is something more dynamic. The entire fan base was asking for Brannstrom to play last year at the exact same time.

Ok it s just one game with a bad performance of our goalie. Other game we have play decent defensevely. If the 3 game on the road have the same result maybe start worried

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Ok it s just one game with a bad performance of our goalie. Other game we have play decent defensevely. If the 3 game on the road have the same result maybe start worried
hmmm….. didn ‘t DJ himself say he could get the best roster by game 7. He’s got a game left to figure out Brown and MDZ shouldn’t see regular ice-time and Brannstrom should at least be up with the club. Fingers crossed

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’m still a bit skeptical.

It’s easy to look good with no expectations or standard.

It also remains to be seen whether he will transition well with a team that is more competitive.

In any event, we can’t know for sure, so let’s see how he does.

Reactions: Emrasie and Tuna99

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
hmmm….. didn ‘t DJ himself say he could get the best roster by game 7. He’s got a game left to figure out Brown and MDZ shouldn’t see regular ice-time and Brannstrom should at least be up with the club. Fingers crossed
Zaitsev is the worst of the bunch that's the scary thing.

Reactions: Matsens15

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

the complete lack of offensive push from the D group and being unable to contains teams when they push back to me is why the team is struggling. The Sens can’t add onto their leads without Chabot on the ice and without Chabot on the ice they get scored on.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
the complete lack of offensive push from the D group and being unable to contains teams when they push back to me is why the team is struggling. The Sens can’t add onto their leads without Chabot on the ice and without Chabot on the ice they get scored on.
I would like to come back with the pairing of the end like last year. But DJ seem to be worried that this not gonna work in playoff. So want to take this year to learn how playing a playoff stlyle I guess. I fund weird at the pre camp when he said just Chabot we want to create offence. Will see I trust DJ , probably know better than me

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I would like to come back with the pairing of the end like last year. But DJ seem to be worried that this not gonna work in playoff. So want to take this year to learn how playing a playoff stlyle I guess. I fund weird at the pre camp when he said just Chabot we want to create offence. Will see I trust DJ , probably know better than me

he probably knows better then me too, but I was right about Brannstrom last year so I’ll always have that on him.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
he probably knows better then me too, but I was right about Brannstrom last year so I’ll always have that on him.
Not DJ said last year , Branny not really listen what we told to do in practice and having a little attitude in the locker room

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

That was one game , we only averaged 2 goals against before that.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2