WJC: Divisions I-III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Unfortunately, a logical outcome. :( We simply don't play well at all. Lets draw a positive that we lost only by a goal and if Norway does us a favor by beating Belarus, we might eventually come out on top in a three-way tie.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Egle doesn't even manage to shoot the puck in a 1-on-1 breakaway, falls down, gets a penalty and Belarus scores on the powerplay. Ridiculous. So many chances wasted.

I guess now we have to root for Norway and Austria in their games vs. Belarus.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
We had most of the chances, losing is the exact opposite of a 'logical' outcome.

We had the most chances to shoot the puck from promising positions, which our players failed to do. Belarus put the puck on the net waaay more, had a working PP and their goalie played really well, thus the win is logical.

But my point, is that this was the the third average game in the row. Our first shot on net in third period chasing the game, came in seventh minute. :/

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
We had the most chances to shoot the puck from promising positions, which our players failed to do. Belarus put the puck on the net waaay more, had a working PP and their goalie played really well, thus the win is logical.

But my point, is that this was the the third average game in the row. Our first shot on net in third period chasing the game, came in seventh minute. :/
In statistical analysis the number of goals scored doesn't really matter.

If this game was played 10 more times, we would've won most of the time, if the distribution of scoring chances remained the same.

It wasn't logical in any way that we lost. We squandered a bunch of prime scoring chances.

Or are you implying that the skill level of our players is so low that they simply aren't capable of putting the puck in the back of the net when it is completely empty?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Latvia, Norway and Belarus leading Group A should be no surprise, will be interesting to see which of them comes out on top.

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
1-1 against team Slovenia :shakehead
I think it's safe to say that Belarus or Latvia are going to take this.
This Norwegian team will stay down in Div.1A, that's for sure.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Oh my ****ing.. embarrassing.. oh well, we will have to beat Belarus and Latvia anyway.. but that was a huge minus in the calculation..

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Oh my ****ing.. embarrassing.. oh well, we will have to beat Belarus and Latvia anyway.. but that was a huge minus in the calculation..

A very poor game from our team. But come to think about it, we most likely have to beat Latvia and Belarus anyway to win the tournament. So I don’t think losing one point to Slovenia matter that much.

I don’t think we will win against Belarus or Latvia. Like I stated earlier in this thread: I think Norway will end at 3’rd place, behind Latvia and Belarus.

This 95 and 96 generation are simply not good enough. Nørstebø and Søberg are good, and I think Hoff are decent as well, but when they are playing bad and not “at the top of their game”, then we don’t have a chance. Like today, a slip up against Slovenia. But credit to the Slovenian team as well, they played a good game.

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
1-1 against team Slovenia :shakehead
I think it's safe to say that Belarus or Latvia are going to take this.
This Norwegian team will stay down in Div.1A, that's for sure.
You just reduced our chances of promotion from around 20% to 5%. :shakehead

You losing a point most likely means that there isn't going to be a 3-way-tie, which means that Belarus have to lose 4 points in order for us to end up higher than them in the rankings.

Likelihood of promotion:
Belarus 75%
Norway 20%
Latvia 5%

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
You just reduced our chances of promotion from around 20% to 5%. :shakehead

You losing a point most likely means that there isn't going to be a 3-way-tie, which means that Belarus have to lose 4 points in order for us to end up higher than them in the rankings.

Likelihood of promotion:
Belarus 75%
Norway 20%
Latvia 5%

Sorry about that :blush:

This is the pain in the ass about being a small hockey nation. Not all generations are big and have a lot of talent. At least not quality enough to promote to the A-group.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Croatia vs Belgium tonight should be the most competitive game of the tournament so far

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Great to see a nation like Spain emerging in the ice hockey world even if it's in Division III, be interesting to see how they do in future years.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Norway 0-3 Belarus after the 1st and it looks like a done deal for both Norway and Latvia.

Hoping for a miracle come-back now.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Kazakhstan just defeated Hungary to confirm they will be moving up to Division IA next year.

Also quite surprised with Ukraine's results in that group. Currently second, though they will have to defeat France on Saturday (or have the French lose to Poland today) to hold onto that unexpected place.

Hungary will be playing Japan to see who is relegated on Saturday; didn't expect Hungary to finish that low.

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Belarus 5-1 Norway
We didn’t have a chance in this one. Belarus are just a better team overall. I read somewhere that it’s eight years since Belarus was in 20elite? Right?
All credit to the Belarusian team, they deserve to be promoted.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Italy leading 3-2 against Latvia with about 12 minutes left in the third. Bit of a surprise by this; even if Latvia hasn't had a great tournament, they shouldn't be losing (or lose) to Italy. Also worth noting that an Italian win will have Slovenia relegated, and with Belarus winning promotion today, it would only leave tomorrow's games to decide who finishes second through fifth.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Why do teams bring so many young players to an u20 event? Many 97s, 98s, few 99s and even saw a 00 on Iceland.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Why do teams bring so many young players to an u20 event? Many 97s, 98s, few 99s and even saw a 00 on Iceland.

because there's 0 depth in many of mthese lower level hockey countries. A 15 or 16, or 17 year old very well could be better than the 20th best 18 or 19 year old

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
because there's 0 depth in many of mthese lower level hockey countries. A 15 or 16, or 17 year old very well could be better than the 20th best 18 or 19 year old

Just strange countries like Slovenia would carry 7 97s and Latvia carrying 6 and one 98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad