WJC: Division I-III

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Eller's at it again :laugh: 2+10. I mean ok, he took a penalty but how hard is it to keep the mouth shut?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I'm no Don Cherry but I guess it would be a bit classless to celebrate a goal against Slovenia when you have gold medal in your pocket.

All the team sport's ive played, we were always told to celebrate :)

Celebrating does not have to be classless you know :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
What a boring game..

Danes look like they can't be arsed, and at the same time, Slovenia certainly upped their D and G.

The ref has been very generous to Slovenia.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
So i turn on the live stream and Belarus seems to be leading 3:0. WTF? Simply dreadful.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Danish 4-2 Win.

Lilie let up a softie on the 2nd Slovenian goal.

So Denmark was only really awesome against Latvia - but it was enough.

Very even point production from the Danish team this tournament, but actually Mikkel Aagaard got the most (perhaps a low draft this year if we are very optimistic?).

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So Denmark was only really awesome against Latvia - but it was enough.

Very even point production from the Danish team this tournament, but actually Mikkel Aagaard got the most (perhaps a low draft this year if we are very optimistic?).

They werent bad.

It was clear that Denmark had already gained promotion. There was no sense of urgency in the Danish players. They just wanted to go out and win, and go home.

Slovenia however were fighting like mad, and their Goalie was good today.

That, and the fact that DK were playing BP for 1/3 of the game.

So, no biggie :D

Aagaard has been a pleasant suprise, I doubt he get's drafted though. But Oliver and Nikolaj are stars imo. Oliver has poise and stickhandling like Regin had in his younger days. And Ehlers, skates like an olympic figure skater, that kid can turn 360 on a coin.
He does this thing were he turns 180 on himself to again face the same way. It's hard to explain, but his skating and speed alone should make a lot of GM's eager to get him in the 14 draft.

Also, Hertzberg and Uldall are some of my favs. Really like Uldall's play. Hopefully we have to future SHL/KHL D's in those two.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
So Blugers comes out from the penalty box, skates over the rink and shoots, Jevpalovs gets the rebound and blasts it in the net with a bit more than minute to go till the end of regulation time- that could have been the nicest moment of the game.

But Belarus played nasty. I counted atleast 3 times when our boys had difficulty getting up from the ice.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So Blugers comes out from the penalty box, skates over the rink and shoots, Jevpalovs gets the rebound and blasts it in the net with a bit more than minute to go till the end of regulation time- that could have been the nicest moment of the game.

But Belarus played nasty. I counted atleast 3 times when our boys had difficulty getting up from the ice.

Belarus is always a tough team to beat, so congratulations with the victory and comeback!

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Belarus is always a tough time to beat, so congratulations with the victory and comeback!

Yup, But as I recall Latvia made one of our players bleed with a nasty hit aswell.

But overall, the refs have favoured the weaker teams in this tourney. Not saying Latvia are a weak team, this was meant as a side comment :D

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Aagaard has been a pleasant suprise, I doubt he get's drafted though. But Oliver and Nikolaj are stars imo. Oliver has poise and stickhandling like Regin had in his younger days. And Ehlers, skates like an olympic figure skater, that kid kan turn 360 on a coin.
He does this thing were he turns 180 on himself to again face the same way. It's hard to explain, but his skating and speed alone should make a lot of GM's eager to get him in the 14 draft.

Also, Hertzberg and Uldall are some of my favs. Really like Uldall's play. Hopefully we have to future SHL/KHL D's in those two.

Aagaard has a C rating, so a lower draft might be possible, but he is still on the short side (so like Asperup last year, probably not).
But yeah Bjørkstrand and Ehlers are really coming stars!
About the d-men they are probably future european players, but that is also what our NT needs.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
Belarus is always a tough time to beat, so congratulations with the victory and comeback!
Thanks, mate! Good luck with elite!

Yup, But as I recall Latvia made one of our players bleed with a nasty hit aswell.

But overall, the refs have favoured the weaker teams in this tourney. Not saying Latvia are a week team, this was meant as a side comment :D
Hmm, week you say? :D

I am completely dumbfound how Batna got best player of the game for Latvia. Just abysmal choice. 0 points in tournament, 8PIM, -1 +/-

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Thanks, mate! Good luck with elite!

Hmm, week you say? :D

I am completely dumbfound how Batna got best player of the game for Latvia. Just abysmal choice. 0 points in tournament, 8PIM, -1 +/-

Hey you! I changed it before you replied :D

Same with us, even though George Sørensen was good, I think others have been better. But that's just me :nod:

Aagaard has a C rating, so a lower draft might be possible, but he is still on the short side (so like Asperup last year, probably not).
About the d-men they are probably future european players, but that is also what our NT needs.

I agree completely, id also rather they become stars in Europe, than float around NA.

They have really been a pleasure to watch.

Exactly!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Same with us, even though George Sørensen was good, I think others have been better. But that's just me :nod:

I went with George Sørensen myself because he was overall good and especially saved Denmark against Belarus.
A factor might also be that so many forwards produced on an equal level so it's really hard to pick one. But for skill it's off course Bjørkstrand or Ehlers?
But pointwise Aagaard with 3G 5A and Asperup with 4G 2A are on the same level.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I went with George Sørensen myself because he was overall good and especially saved Denmark against Belarus.
A factor might also be that so many forwards produced on an equal level so it's really hard to pick one. But for skill it's off course Bjørkstrand or Ehlers?
But pointwise Aagaard with 3G 5A and Asperup with 4G 2A are on the same level.

Don't get me wrong, George was good, but Bjorkstrand and Ehlers were really good.

Not just pointwise and talent wise, but also D wise and effortwise.
But as you say, so many forwards did good, so maybe George was the obvious choice :)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Poland do not look like a team that are fighting to stay up. And they are playing home none-the-less.

2-0 AUT on 6SOG.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Congrats to Denmark! :handclap:

Good job. Hope you guys can stay up next year.

Latvia - hang in there, you'll get there eventually, there's always next year

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

Hard to see that. I think Bjorkstrand was pretty disappointing overall and it's easy to see why he was picked at #89 and not in the first round. His transition to pros might be a tough one.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hard to see that. I think Bjorkstrand was pretty disappointing overall and it's easy to see why he was picked at #89 and not in the first round. His transition to pros might be a tough one.

Lol you have something against him or something?

I think he was amazing, and even better than Ehlers in a lot of situations, though Ehlers does have a higher gear in terms of skating.

The reason he was picked 89 is because of his size....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad