GDT: Distressingly, another Washington Capitals gameday draws nigh (7 pm in Buffalo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
When the Caps are losing/lose this badly, their offense attack is so out of touch. The NHL has become a younger players league with speed and plenty of goal scoring. If you can't keep up, and try to play defense first, you will lose badly like tonight! Sabres are a high powered offensive team that overall doesn't play good enough team defense but has young talented goalies that can steal a lot of games for them. Their issues are they are young and inconsistent. Next season they will be a far more dangerous team if they figure out the team defense aspect of the game.

• Wow
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
This is the first loss in a while that I felt disappointed by. They really needed this win and they just didn’t show up. This team is so streaky, and we could easily go 2-6 the rest of the way. Ugh time to regroup and get ready for the next game. At least we play the teams we are fighting against so we can still control the outcome.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Buffalo has to be thinking what if at the moment. They lost some OT games and could easily be in the race with luck. On to the next game and don't look at the out of town lol.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
I keep thinking back to some stinkers against Buffalo in the Ovy era. There was the BB final game with basically Rochester players playing prime Ovy and then the late 2012 playoff race at home I think it was. Traditionally, playing in Buffalo just sucks for the franchise overall. Right now they need to regroup and be ready for a hungry Pens team next game.
Yeah, Pens have been on fire. Let's see whether the Caps turn in a pre-2018 game 7 performance on Thursday.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Never thought I would be looking forward to a live postgame instead of the game lol. Ready for May's comments.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
In my mind I was so worried we would get blown out like this, just like the 8-3 and 7-2 losses to the Wings/Oilers. It's somewhat mind boggling that we now have a minus 35 goal differential! Are we overachieving? Most definitely, but we are still in the race! Caps have shown a lot of good resolve after a bad loss, so we will see if they can do it again or not against Pens, @ Capital One Arena.

Pitt is 1 pt behind

Islanders are 1 pt behind

Good grief.
You really need to learn how to check standings! Yes Isles are 1 point back, but Pens are 3 points back.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
In my mind I was so worried we would get blown out like this, just like the 8-3 and 7-2 losses to the Wings/Oilers. It's somewhat mind boggling that we now have a minus 35 goal differential! Are we overachieving? Most definitely, but we are still in the race! Caps have shown a lot of good resolve after a bad loss, so we will see if they can do it again or not against Pens, @ Capital One Arena.

You really need to learn how to check standings! Yes Isles are 1 point back, but Pens are 3 points back.
Mea culpa on the Pittsburgh standings.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Just a serious question for everyone! Do you realize this roster is being coached by an NHL rookie head coach and an NHL rookie assistant coach? Most rookie coaches will make mistakes, just as rookie young players will make mistakes! Carbery is coaching a lot of good things into this roster, but he aint gonna be Scotty Bowman in his first season coaching! Some of you need to take your expectations and seriously dump those expectations into the toilet!

For Ted, he probably see's this team as the movie, 'A Fist Full of Dollars'! We on the other hand are watching the movie, 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'! Some ppl need to calm down and watch the season finish out. If you are season ticket holders or spent a good deal of money on going to see the games, then shame on you for how some of you are acting on this message board! For those, you took that risk to spend hard earned money with some knowing the team would have some really ugly games! If you can't find a little happiness that they have found a way to be this competitive despite having a good deal of question marks, then I don't know what else can be said to you to have a bit more of an open mind!

Red tank is out of the garage and in the driveway.
But due to the long driveway being soft asphalt, the red tank sank and will be stuck for some time!

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
Disappointing loss. No excuses for not putting in the effort that was needed. We could have started slamming the door on the other teams chasing us, now they have some hope. I think this is going to come down to the last few games of the season. I still think they make it in, but If they don't come out on fire against the Pens on Thursday, I'll start worrying.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Official stat line shows 24 SOG by Caps; not sure where you got your number.
Maybe the TSN game tracker was a bit slow but the point remains. Caps had 11 shots and 2 goals - so 9 saves for their goalie - after 2 periods. It looks like they had only 3 shots in the first half of period 3. Ukko-Pekka nearly doubled his save total in the final 10 minutes.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Disappointing loss. No excuses for not putting in the effort that was needed. We could have started slamming the door on the other teams chasing us, now they have some hope. I think this is going to come down to the last few games of the season. I still think they make it in, but If they don't come out on fire against the Pens on Thursday, I'll start worrying.
A good deal of ppl here and some analyst have said this would come down to the wire, and it's holding true so far. Caps aint that '18 Cup Winning team that could turn a light switch and start dominating team! Better example might be this team aint those President Trophy winning teams(3 times)! Have you seen how many teams have been WC spots for a long stretch or short stretch, only to slump and fallout below the line? I love my Caps because I think they have better resolve than some of these other teams they are in a race with. We will find out Thursday if they show good resolve again against their all-time biggest rival! Until then and even beyond, have your popcorn and soda/beer/wine/or any other alcohol beverage ready!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I had no idea they did that! That might be one of smartest moves by Scott Murray ever! The game was out of hand and Kuemper gets in for 15 mins to gain some confidence back by stopping all his faced shots(despite it only be 4)! Most of you might not see how important this was for Kuemper, but as a long time goalie this means a very big deal for a goalies confidence, considering he hasn't played in a long stretch of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad