GDT: Distressingly, another Washington Capitals gameday draws nigh (7 pm in Buffalo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
I hope Al Koken gives them a good verbal thrashing in post game.

Alan May seems to come up with an excuse every game like this so I'm not expecting much from him.

I hope they make the loffs obviously but finishing just outside of the loffs is no bueno for anyone involved. I hope they really turn it around or lose every game left this season.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I hope Al Koken gives them a good verbal thrashing in post game.

Alan May seems to come up with an excuse every game like this so I'm not expecting much from him.

I hope they make the loffs obviously but finishing just outside of the loffs is no bueno for anyone involved. I hope they really turn it around or lose every game left this season.

May probably broke a desk during the intermission.

• Haha
Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Sadly this is what you get with youth. Why I didn’t want to see a full rebuild. I still love the young guys but this is what you get. gonna have to not resign Patches and NAK who has been trash.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
In hind sight this was too much a trap game! The extra day off threw them out of rhythm. The story of the season has been too many games lack of goal scoring and too many blowout losses.
Come on man - what is this crap about the extra day off? if they are that mentally fragile then they don't deserve a playoff spot.

And as for rhythm - they got their asses handed to them by the Leafs, and then played well against Boston. Not sure they were in any kind of rhythm

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Sadly this is what you get with youth. Why I didn’t want to see a full rebuild. I still love the young guys but this is what you get. gonna have to not resign Patches and NAK who has been trash.
Agreed.

My only concern is I don't see a lot of great potential in the youth they have. I see OK NHL players but not great ones. They need more high end prospects to enter the picture (Leonard is one, Cristall is a maybe).

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Carbs needs to get these guys to pull on the rope harder in this game. This is the second lowest ranked team left on the schedule, except for the one game against Ottawa.

I just don’t see enough urgency for a team that probably can’t secure a playoff spot until game 81 or 82 of the season.
It's not lack of urgency. When you get xtra rest, it takes your legs to get going more when you get back in your next game. This effects a lot of other teams besides the Caps. That xtra day of rest, is good but it means players are not immediately in game condition while your opponent is because they have been playing in rhythm with every other day.

Here we go with the whining naysayers again! Same ppl say almost nothing when the Caps are winning games!

• Wow
Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Agreed.

My only concern is I don't see a lot of great potential in the youth they have. I see OK NHL players but not great ones. They need more high end prospects to enter the picture (Leonard is one, Cristall is a maybe).
I think it is too much youth too fast. I do think Leonard can impact immediately. I’ll take that youth on. Lapierre has me convinced he is ready. McMichael can fill 3C.

Miro can go to Hershey and develop a bit more. NAK cut. Patches cut. Find another veteran for a one-year prove it leadership deal. Sign or trade for a top 6 LW or RW.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It's not lack of urgency. When you get xtra rest, it takes your legs to get going more when you get back in your next game. This effects a lot of other teams besides the Caps. That xtra day of rest, is good but it means players are not immediately in game condition while your opponent is because they have been playing in rhythm with every other day.

I generally agree, but I see them really being passive, regardless of the game situation. Thompson could’ve poured himself a cup of coffee with the time he had to score that goal.

Even if the legs are slow, there should be a lot more aggressiveness. These are NHL players in game 73 of the season. There’s just no excuse for that kind of effort.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Fever has some jump last couple games. I kinda figured he plateaued as a player but maybe he has a next level, become a better puck carrying D man

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Here we go with the whining naysayers again! Same ppl say almost nothing when the Caps are winning games!

This game is worthy of criticism. It is a pivotal game lacking any intensity by the Caps. I believe they can do it, but they have to want it and focus. They need to stop paying attention to out of town scoreboards and the media talking about their chances.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I think it is too much youth too fast. I do think Leonard can impact immediately. I’ll take that youth on. Lapierre has me convinced he is ready. McMichael can fill 3C.

Miro can go to Hershey and develop a bit more. NAK cut. Patches cut. Find another veteran for a one-year prove it leadership deal. Sign or trade for a top 6 LW or RW.
NAK is well worth his contract imo, add in Beck and you have 2 promising young cheap 4th liners

Reactions: SherVaughn30

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
NAK is well worth his contract imo, add in Beck and you have 2 promising young cheap 4th liners
I have thought that in the past. But he has been bad. He is old enough that you have seen his peak. I have no issue replacing his spot with a grizzled vet. JVR might be good (and cheap).

Like Beck a lot!

Reactions: Neil Racki

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The out-of-town scoreboard isn't doing the Caps many favors. Their future is still in their hands, but tonight they've wasted a wonderful opportunity.

I keep thinking back to some stinkers against Buffalo in the Ovy era. There was the BB final game with basically Rochester players playing prime Ovy and then the late 2012 playoff race at home I think it was. Traditionally, playing in Buffalo just sucks for the franchise overall. Right now they need to regroup and be ready for a hungry Pens team next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad