GDT: Distressingly, another Washington Capitals gameday draws nigh (7 pm in Buffalo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Just a serious question for everyone! Do you realize this roster is being coached by an NHL rookie head coach and an NHL rookie assistant coach? Most rookie coaches will make mistakes, just as rookie young players will make mistakes! Carbery is coaching a lot of good things into this roster, but he aint gonna be Scotty Bowman in his first season coaching! Some of you need to take your expectations and seriously dump those expectations into the toilet!

For Ted, he probably see's this team as the movie, 'A Fist Full of Dollars'! We on the other hand are watching the movie, 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'! Some ppl need to calm down and watch the season finish out. If you are season ticket holders or spent a good deal of money on going to see the games, then shame on you for how some of you are acting on this message board! For those, you took that risk to spend hard earned money with some knowing the team would have some really ugly games! If you can't find a little happiness that they have found a way to be this competitive despite having a good deal of question marks, then I don't know what else can be said to you to have a bit more of an open mind!

But due to the long driveway being soft asphalt, the red tank sank and will be stuck for some time!

I don't think WE are the ones who need to calm down, buddy :laugh:

Edit: and with all due respect, I think it's awesome you are taking a positive view about the Caps playoff run. I just didn't expect them to make the playoffs and so if they end up missing I won't be all that disappointed. I had my fingers crossed the last week but now I feel like it's going to be touch and go for them.

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Winning streak followed by a losing streak. Sounds like your 2023-'24 Capitals. Hope it's not a long one or we are out. Wilson has his role in this so he needs to come out huge after that suspension.

Shame Pacioretty didn't waive his trade protection. We would have been better off with someone else in the line-up after the TDL.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Couldn't watch live so just finished watching extended highlights. Lindgren giving it his all, I really hope he is a late bloomer and is a starter for the rest of his career. Here or elsewhere, doesn't matter. Huge props to the guy.

If the Caps want the playoffs they'll have to step it up. Nothing we can do about it!!

Buffalo: I understand why Sabres fans are angry and have had enough of this shit. My God this team is absolutely stacked with talent. They are a high caliber coach hire away from being a seriously good (playoff) team. These guys are like Colorado would be if Don Granato was coaching Colorado :laugh:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'd be curious to see how many of Pacioretty's assists are on direct passes and not just... bad shots that worked out. That's honestly the point that might tip it for me, because he has been making good touches and I see them even when they don't result in points...

If he's still making some of these plays on purpose it's at least something. Not sure they should bring him back either way but I've at least found him to be a guy who wants to make the right touch, which is nice.

Couldn't watch live so just finished watching extended highlights. Lindgren giving it his all, I really hope he is a late bloomer and is a starter for the rest of his career. Here or elsewhere, doesn't matter. Huge props to the guy.

If the Caps want the playoffs they'll have to step it up. Nothing we can do about it!!

Buffalo: I understand why Sabres fans are angry and have had enough of this shit. My God this team is absolutely stacked with talent. They are a high caliber coach hire away from being a seriously good (playoff) team. These guys are like Colorado would be if Don Granato was coaching Colorado :laugh:
Lindgren for Tim Thomas (but without the weirdo shit), 2024

Reactions: PlushMinus

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Their playoffs are now basically. We'll see if they can rally but five games in eight days followed by a day off then four games in six to close out the regular season isn't great for them. They need Oshie and Wilson back in the worst way. For them it's all about system buy-in and playing an attrition game. Outside of that on a more individual basis they don't stack up well against most anyone if their intensity isn't on point.

If they do fall apart then at least that should motivate them to make some fairly drastic changes. Pacioretty is a goner. My main questions are two-fold: what subtractions are they prepared to make to become more dynamic and add more of a true play-driver? And then how can they manage to add more upside on the back-end? Finishing in no man's land would be a pretty rough outcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandsomeTom43

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal to be honest. They’ve overachieved in a big way this year and got to evaluate their young guys while also collecting assets and clearing salary cap space. And the situation isn’t even that dire — they have two games to make up one point on a Flyers team who have lost five straight and don’t have a goaltender. It would have been nice to see them be more assertive and grab their opponents by the throat but they’re in a good spot both now and for the future.

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal to be honest. They’ve overachieved in a big way this year and got to evaluate their young guys while also collecting assets and clearing salary cap space. And the situation isn’t even that dire — they have two games to make up one point on a Flyers team who have lost five straight and don’t have a goaltender. It would have been nice to see them be more assertive and grab their opponents by the throat but they’re in a good spot both now and for the future.
The team is still 6-3-1 in their last 10. It's just a mixture of going 6-1 followed by 0-2-1. For all the tight games they won in this stretch, this one got away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad