OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cuatro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
My initial instinct says probably not, unless your place in your league table is so secure that you can afford to play subs in one or both of those games.

Which is where PSG are so absolutely an advantage to them since they have basically already won their league.

I think Madrid have a decent chance though the guys missing to suspension won’t help. Assuming Marcelo comes in at left back I would expect him to see a lot of Mbappe and how Ancelotti chooses to help him will be interesting.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Holy shit. I hope you didn't turn off Leeds/MU at the half

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
too bad they (Leeds) can’t defend….entertaining 2nd half.

Was hoping Leeds could help the Gunners a bit but no dice.

Those 4th and 5th spots in the table vulnerable. Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves all have several games in hand.

Chelsea seem pretty comfortably set at 3rd.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Man, poor Gio Reyna. Finally back after a long-term injury and he’s down with a non-contact injury and subbed off in tears after 29’. Kid cannot catch a break, and it’s horrible timing for the USMNT as well. Hoping it’s not as bad as it seemed.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Aubameyang with the hatty for Barca

need to find the clip

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Pulisic!

Honestly, not sure why Chelsea aren't top of the table in EPL. They're so loaded with talent and crush it at the intl level. Perfectly capable of beating MC as they've shown.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pulisic!

Honestly, not sure why Chelsea aren't top of the table in EPL. They're so loaded with talent and crush it at the intl level. Perfectly capable of beating MC as they've shown.

14 less goals than City and 15 less goals than Liverpool. They don't score nearly enough.

Their top scorer is Mount with 7 goals. City has 4 players with atleast 7 goals. Liverpool has 3 players with atleast 9 goals, but Salah has 17 and Jota 12. Salah and Jota alone provide nearly 60% of the goals Chelsea has.

Being the team that they are is great for a format like CL. It's not great for the league format where you have to win even on bad nights. Liverpool and City do that.

I think they will again go far in the CL though. They looked really good going forward last night with Havertz up top rather than Lukaku. Defense still looked shaky at times but i think that's bound to improve soon.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
14 less goals than City and 15 less goals than Liverpool. They don't score nearly enough.

Their top scorer is Mount with 7 goals. City has 4 players with atleast 7 goals. Liverpool has 3 players with atleast 9 goals, but Salah has 17 and Jota 12. Salah and Jota alone provide nearly 60% of the goals Chelsea has.

Being the team that they are is great for a format like CL. It's not great for the league format where you have to win even on bad nights. Liverpool and City do that.

I think they will again go far in the CL though. They looked really good going forward last night with Havertz up top rather than Lukaku. Defense still looked shaky at times but i think that's bound to improve soon.

I get the stat differences, that's essentially the same as having a gap in standings. It's production.

I'm saying there's no reason they SHOULDN'T be taking over the EPL. They have plenty of talent up front to deliver the necessary scoring.

I think this is where people take issue with Tuchel's defensive approach. I didn't see that yesterday. I saw a lot of wide open attacking play, including Kante making some lightning fast breaks up the middle third to drive the defense back and create lanes. Maybe they've flipped a switch because I don't recall him doing much of anything but collapsing and playing defense before.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
For whatever reason, we always seem to struggle to score. More so against lesser teams it feels like. Teams we should crush we beat by a goal…

Sep 19, 2008
Qualification is not assured yes so hopefully they can get points in Mexico. Think Panama is beatable especially at home. Biggest issue is 2 of the next 3 for qualification are away. US hasn't won in Azteca in a very long time.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Qualification is not assured yes so hopefully they can get points in Mexico. Think Panama is beatable especially at home. Biggest issue is 2 of the next 3 for qualification are away. US hasn't won in Azteca in a very long time.
They need four points, most likely, to qualify in third without having to go to the playoff. A draw away at either Costa Rica or Mexico plus a win at home against Panama should do it. That said, they’ve already lost to Panama and away games at Mexico and Costa Rica will be the toughest matches they’ll face this cycle.

Pretty nervous about Berhalter’s lineup choices without Weston and Gio. Have a bad feeling we’re going to see too much of Roldan, Acosta, and Lletget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad