OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cuatro

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I just don't understand Poland's strategy. I get that you can't always get him the ball but he's CLEARLY the best player out there and the gameplan all tournament should've been to get him max touches. I don't know how many times I saw some JAG take a low percentage shot rather than at least trying to find RL somewhere, or putting the ball in the box for him to get to.

If they'd done that in earlier matches they may not have needed a miracle win today.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, now the only

I don't see Portugal beat France. I'd say even more I think France will beat Portugal

so
1 France
2 Germany
3 Portugal

If so...it means

Belgium vs Portugal
Italy vs Austria
France vs Switzerland
Croatia vs Spain
---
Sweden vs Ukraine
England vs Germany
Netherlands vs Czech Republic
Wales vs Denmark

Like in 2016 you have one super bracket
and one meh bracket

If somehow France finish F2. Belgium will have an opportunity to have their dreamd final
If France finish F3. Belgium vs France directly on Sunday.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Germany would be out if current results hold. Yikes.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Sweden are officially my dark horse. Looked great against Poland today, looked good in their previous two as well.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not sure I can stomach watching 90 mins of Bale and his absurd salt and pepper top knot.

Worst fashion trend of this century.

Wales looking terrible today. Maybe the worst performance of the tournament by any team. Just zero skill or cohesiveness on display in every third, and the last 20 minutes their defense has been nothing but hard fouls.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Austria holding on vs Italy in the 1st half. I'm sensing a bit too much casualness from the Italian side. Decent play until they get to the box and then a bit sloppy. Credit to Austria for holding the fort for the most part.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Awful passing and decision making from Italy. Seemingly looking past Austria and now unable to rally.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Both Scandinavian teams, Sweden and Denmark, looking impressive. Maybe one will surprise.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Your play your level is defined by how (poorly) your opponent plays against you.

The real TOP teams in this tournament are Belgium and France.

That's why I'm not surprised to see Italy battle against Austria. And if VAR didn't exist. Austria advance to 1/4.

I won't be surprised if the Netherlands (another public darling) are out too against the Czechs.

That's why any team in the bottom part of the bracket (the England bracket) can dream about the final.
Well in fact on another board I've said before the start of 1/8 that every team but Wales and Ukraine can dream about the final.
The first day confirmed my opinion. Denmark (number 10 in FIFA ranking) walked through Wales.

And Italy vs Austria confirmed my other opinion that only Belgium and France are 2 top teams in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad