Post-Game Talk: Discipline 2 - Undisciplined 3

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
What the ****, Johnston? Adams on L3, Megna on LW and the 4th line while Sill is on RW. For ****'s sake. Disco would be proud and Sutter is going to refuse to play.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Pens Inside Scoop @PensInsideScoop
#Pens working on breakouts right now. Something they've struggled with past few games. Getting back to 5-man breakout

I really do like MJ. Personel decisions aside. Erhoff practicing on the top pp unit and working the puck out effeciently we're 2 big things that they needed addressed. It was clear the PP, although it didn't have many oppurtunities, needed a little something different.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
What the ****, Johnston? Adams on L3, Megna on LW and the 4th line while Sill is on RW. For ****'s sake. Disco would be proud and Sutter is going to refuse to play.

If you are angry, don't be angry about LW/RW stuff. Twitter isn't reliable in that.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Adams' TOI started creeping back up, and he had over 10 minutes (11:07) on Saturday. I really want to believe they'll limit him, but it just feels like Grima Wormtongue is backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Not that I like this excuse, but it's because of penalties. Plus, Dupuis and Goc are out so that makes Adams more important on the PK. Of course, we can find other guys to do it, but given that he's seen as a PK regular and you lose two of your top guys, Adams' ice time on the PK will naturally increase.

Also, this is likely excuse making, but I see the move of Adams "promotion" as a means to break up that abysmal 4th line. Ebbett isn't Goc so that line can't be sustained as it is. Megna moving to the 4th line makes that line less of a black hole.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I really do like MJ. Personel decisions aside. Erhoff practicing on the top pp unit and working the puck out effeciently we're 2 big things that they needed addressed. It was clear the PP, although it didn't have many oppurtunities, needed a little something different.

I agree. He is making more good decision than bad ones, and the good seem to be in regards to more important parts of the lineup/system so far.

Still, it really seems easy sitting in front of a laptop at home to say that replacing Sill/Adams should be a no-brainer. I do wonder if that lineup holds for the next few games. I'm guessing not.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Adams' TOI started creeping back up, and he had over 10 minutes (11:07) on Saturday. I really want to believe they'll limit him, but it just feels like Grima Wormtongue is backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

In fairness, only 5:44 was at ES. Only player with less was Sill at 5:43, and it was the 2nd of a back-to-back.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I just shake my head that Adams continues to stay in the NHL and even get promotions.

Blame Shero for this team's garbage organizational depth at forward. And hope JR acts sooner than later to fix it.

Everyone wanted Megna up here to fix the third line while Beau was out. Well, he still looks raw as **** and really isn't going to solve our issues aside from being fast.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Fair. Ehrhoff on PP1 does make me wonder about Letang though. :help:

If you are angry, don't be angry about LW/RW stuff. Twitter isn't reliable in that.

I'll be angry about whatever I please. :rant:

:laugh:

But seriously, I don't like how they've put Bennett and Megna on their off wings and they looked uncomfortable. I'm not impressed with Despres being switched to RD so Scuderi can stay on the LD, Despres has adjusted well to it though even if sometimes there's a problem there being compounded by Scuderi's love to toss the puck to Despres in a bad situation. But I'll be fair and say it's good to know Despres can do it this well.

Adams on the 3rd line is unacceptable, it's Bylsma level decision making. It's **** that makes me hope they lose and Adams is at the centre of it just to hope a lesson is learned.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Shelly Anderson
@_ShellyAnderson
Goc still not considered long term, Letang day to day, per Johnston. Martin just required a few stitches.

Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Mike Johnston says Letang won't play Tuesday but Goc might.

penguins2946*

I'm thinking that MJ realized that the 4th line was utter garbage at this point, so he wanted to even out the 2 lines. Megna really didn't look all that strong at LW, and the 4th line was absolutely atrocious for the last while. They can't have Adams and Sill on the same line, they have to spread out their suckage.

I'd rather them recall Uher and run with:

Uher-Sutter-Downie (dat agitation)
Megna-Ebbett-Adams

But I'm not the GM or coach.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Shelly Anderson
@_ShellyAnderson
Goc still not considered long term, Letang day to day, per Johnston. Martin just required a few stitches.

A 4th line of Ebbett-Goc-Megna would at least be interesting. Only good thing about Adams getting moved up.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I'm thinking that MJ realized that the 4th line was utter garbage at this point, so he wanted to even out the 2 lines. Megna really didn't look all that strong at LW, and the 4th line was absolutely atrocious for the last while. They can't have Adams and Sill on the same line, they have to spread out their suckage.

I'd rather them recall Uher and run with:

Uher-Sutter-Downie (dat agitation)
Megna-Ebbett-Adams

But I'm not the GM or coach.

With Goc maybe playing, they could try Ebbett and Megna on the wings.

penguins2946*

With Goc maybe playing, they could try Ebbett and Megna on the wings.

Yeah that's a possibility. I just want to see Uher recalled for a couple games, he can't be any worse than Sill. Or maybe Farnham instead.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Shelly Anderson
@_ShellyAnderson

... what?

Please god bring back the angry German.... and aim him at Adamsill.

edit: never mind, I found out what happened to Martin. This team needs to be kinder to each other.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
I am not worried about it. You could put either one of Megna, Ebbett, Sill, or Adams on the third line spot (and this is only because we are missing three forwards as it is).

Sill didn't do much on the fourth line, so you can't put him there. People don't even want Ebbett here in the first place. Megna didn't do much on the third line, so maybe they want to see what Adams can do. Although it is easy for us to see why he shouldn't be there, Johnston doesn't know enough about the organization's history yet to know. My guess is that his knowledge of Adams has pretty much been limited to this season, where he hasn't been as bad.

For what it's worth, Bylsma probably would have put Adams on the third line from the beginning. Megna got what, all of his four games there?

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, I saw it in the injury thread. Thanks, though.

Why does this team keep doing this? They're fragile already and keep trying to take each other out.

They are all very competitive.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/539470257342406656

When they say it's a matter of pain tolerance, do they refer to the bruised foot or having to play with Sill & Adams?

:laugh: lbr, it's both. If he's still out with "foot/leg pain" in a week or two we'll know.

They are all very competitive.

Well, Kunitz will be safe at least.

I'm going to substitute unlucky/stupid in for that. There's being competitive and then there's a team that keeps having **** happen to them in practice.

Bennett missed 6 weeks from practice, Letang got hit in the face and now Martin got hit in the face. ...Odds of it being the same drill again? :shakehead

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i am going to assume out of desperation that adams will be demoted after ruining 5 consecutive third line shifts

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
i am going to assume out of desperation that adams will be demoted after ruining 5 consecutive, extended third line shifts

FTFY

Really hating this decision.

If you want to break up an abysmal fourth line, just scratch someone FFS. Don't promote one of the biggest problems with it. It doesn't help matters much that the third line is already going through a funk right now, either.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Not that I like this excuse, but it's because of penalties. Plus, Dupuis and Goc are out so that makes Adams more important on the PK. Of course, we can find other guys to do it, but given that he's seen as a PK regular and you lose two of your top guys, Adams' ice time on the PK will naturally increase.

Also, this is likely excuse making, but I see the move of Adams "promotion" as a means to break up that abysmal 4th line. Ebbett isn't Goc so that line can't be sustained as it is. Megna moving to the 4th line makes that line less of a black hole.

In fairness, only 5:44 was at ES. Only player with less was Sill at 5:43, and it was the 2nd of a back-to-back.

His ES TOI was up, too.

There was a game like two weeks ago where he was basically down to one ES shift a game. Everyone was like 'WOO, VOLDEMORT IS DEAD!"

Two weeks later, he's on the 3rd line.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Remember when we said he would either be off the team or at least a semi-frequent scratch, this year?

Good times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad