Post-Game Talk: Discipline 2 - Undisciplined 3

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
+ REFS! Show em what's right and wrong

- Adams. Was rewarded with his highest TOI in 2 weeks. 11 minutes.
- Scuderi. He bad. Played 20 minutes.

- Johnston. Makes the same idiotic decisions as predecessor.

+ Sid, Geno, Sutter (thought he was great defensively), Greiss, Ehrhoff, Despres.

- Bortuzzo, Kunitz, Downie, Maatta.

+ Refs.

penguins2946*

Refs sucked. Greiss was good, it's nice to see Ehrhoff get his 1st goal. It was a pretty meh game, but I think that's because the refs blew. We didn't play too badly.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Boring game, played down to them again. No desire to win.
++ Greiss
+ Ehrhoff
+ Despres
+ Bortz

CrozJawz*

++ Griess
+ They eeked out a win

- Everything else. They looked every bit as bad as they did last night, just managed to get a few bounces tonight and Griess was out of his mind.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I've always liked that we're one of the few fanbases on here that don't complain about the refs, but they've just been unbelievably bad lately. I've never seen anything like it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Cole

He went 1 whole game without saying one meanie poopie thing about Sid. Six more games and he breaks (no pun intended) Beau Bennett's iron man streak. :handclap:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Maatta - 24:49
Ehrhoff - 23:43
Scuderi - 20:15
Martin - 18:12
Despres - 15:01
Bortuzzo - 13:57

Please tell me that's a coach who has a pulse on who is playing well and who is playing poorly.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
+ The true stars of the league were on fire with how they put themselves front and centre. Talk about a tour de force.

So, Letang info in this thread or the injury thread?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I liked Maatta's puck movement on the PP but I think Ehrhoff or Martin are better options until Letang is back. They have better recovery speed when the forwards turn it over and the PKers counter attack.

Crosby, Hornqvist, & Comeau were very good.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
+ Malkin and Crosby's compete level was great.
+ Greiss is solid
+ Scuderi is like a different player this year
+ Liking Ehroff over the past 10 games
+ Sick Borts

- terrible penalty by Spaling
- Crosby's *****ing killing us right now
- Paul Martin was a hot mess this weekend. If Letang is healthy I would sit him down for a game
- Maata has been shaky since his return. Maybe put him back with Letang to get him going?

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ Greiss

uninspiring game but they got the job done... so + for that

congrats to ehrhoff for finally getting his first goal as a pen. hopefully this is the breaking of the seal.

- pp. well maybe with the pp looking the way it is looking the refs will finally start calling the right penalties :sarcasm:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Maatta - 24:49
Ehrhoff - 23:43
Scuderi - 20:15
Martin - 18:12
Despres - 15:01
Bortuzzo - 13:57

Please tell me that's a coach who has a pulse on who is playing well and who is playing poorly.

Being short-handed 6 times surely had no impact on that. Maatta, Ehrhoff, Scuderi, and Adams all topped 5 minutes in short-handed TOI tonight. Scuderi & Bortuzzo had almost identical ES TOI numbers.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Boring game, refs sucked again, whatever.

Two things concern me about this weekend (and last):

1. We do not move the puck decisively or accurately enough to handle a fast team aggressively forechecking. We lack the talent on the wings, and even guys like Martin and Maatta are just taking those extra Scuderi seconds with the puck. Plus, we're scouted. Our tendencies are known. The slowness and the ability of the other team to cheat in coverages is really exposing us on the breakout.

2. Way to many guys playing entitled or at best dispassionate hockey. Kunitz, Scuderi, Adams, even Martin . . . these guys play like their roster spots and playing time are deserved, no matter what.

Between the coach growing a set and JR waking from his nap, I'm crossing my fingers that these things will be addressed at some point . . . along with acquiring new L1 and L2 LW's.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
the jury is still out on the Pittsburgh Penguins coaching:
I understand our depth is putrid, but I yet to see one game we dominated and please no sabres...

we have best pp in the league that does not pass the eye test, we have 4th PK in the league that looks so shaky and more than passive

the only saving grace as in this game:
Goalie. Sid/Geno. Sutter and good games form young defensman (and occasional bad ones)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm half expecting the refs to retroactively call back the Ehrhoff goal on a technicality and bring the teams back out to finish the game.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Being short-handed 6 times surely had no impact on that. Maatta, Ehrhoff, Scuderi, and Adams all topped 5 minutes in short-handed TOI tonight with Martin falling 23 seconds short of it. Scuderi & Bortuzzo had almost identical ES TOI numbers.

I see this excuse a lot.

When will the NHL allow Johnston to dictate who plays and doesn't play on the PK/PP? I hate that they are forcing him to play Scuderi and others in situations where they're clearly struggling.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
++ Greiss. He pretty much stopped the Canes whenever they got opportunities.
+ Ehrhoff
+ Hornqvist. He was noticeable every time he was on the ice.

Huuuge minus - the refs. I've never seen such a stretch of piss poor officiating. Between calling to the score, making egregious calls, or not making the calls altogether, the officiating has been garbage for the past handful of games.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
+ Greiss
- Maatta is getting way too much ice time. Doesn't exactly look that good lately either.
- Penguins late 3rd period play with Greiss in the net. Disgraceful display in front of a goalie who is constantly trying to steal them games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad