Post-Game Talk: Discipline 2 - Undisciplined 3

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
It will be one of the best days of my life as a fan when 27 is no longer on this team. I'm ****ing sick of it. He causes me actual physical and mental anguish.

Michael8771*

Remember when we said he would either be off the team or at least a semi-frequent scratch, this year?

Good times.
I was right about that as well. I thought they'd play him and unfortunately they have. With his consecutive streak and the fact that he's a regular on the PK I doubted that MJ would scratch him. It's a shame, MJ's decisions regarding the lesser lights reminds me of someone, someone I loathed.

Michael8771*

It will be one of the best days of my life as a fan when 27 is no longer on this team. I'm ****ing sick of it. He causes me actual physical and mental anguish.
I feel similarly about Sill, neither should be here. And again such decisions make me question what the hell this team is actually trying to accomplish.

MJ wants everyone to buy in and by extension wants to be liked by everyone. since he's new he doesn't want to alienate anyone or become a divisive figure, which is understandable (to a point). But that shouldn't include making piss poor decisions that inevitably hurt the team. And that's precisely what he's doing.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
i am going to assume out of desperation that adams will be demoted after ruining 5 consecutive third line shifts

And replace him with... Megna? Sill? Ebbett?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as unhappy about the forward situation as anyone - which is why I'd have liked to see them grab Galiardi and/or Setoguchi off waivers. I mean, Uher looks like one of the better options still left in WBS - and he's been less productive in the AHL than Zach Sill! (0.254 P/GP vs 0.264 P/GP)

I'm sure Johnston is thrilled to have all these forward options available to him :thumbd:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
And replace him with... Megna? Sill? Ebbett?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as unhappy about the forward situation as anyone - which is why I'd have liked to see them grab Galiardi and/or Setoguchi off waivers. I mean, Uher looks like one of the better options still left in WBS - and he's been less productive in the AHL than Zach Sill! (0.254 P/GP vs 0.264 P/GP)

I'm sure Johnston is thrilled to have all these forward options available to him :thumbd:

yes any of the three

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sill/Adams is just becoming Glass/Adams all over again. Atleast Sill SHOULD be sent to WBS after 1 or 2 moves by JR though. Thats the only bright spot.

Adams, on his own, we can get bye with. He's not a terrible PK'er. He hasn't been getting much ice time either.

Goc/Beau get back and 2 of Ebbett/Sill/Megna sit.
1 trade on top of that and Sill sits for good.
2 trades on top of that and thats when you start getting into Adams healthy scratched territory.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

I would be happy when numbers #25-#38 aren't on the team anymore. :)

Adams
MAF
Ebbett
Sill

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yep, that'd be the guy.

I couldn't understand how the Pens saw fit to pay him 1.1 million, then he goes and gets a raise from the Rangers.

Because Glen Sather.

He seems to have a thing for breaking out the pooper scooper when the Penguins hunker down and squat one out.

Well... to be completely accurate, he just has a thing for throwing money at crap, in general.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Also, I don't really get the Ebbett hate.

I mean, he's played all of 10 games in the NHL for the Penguins. He's a perfectly fine injury call up, nothing else.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Also, I don't really get the Ebbett hate.

I mean, he's played all of 10 games in the NHL for the Penguins. He's a perfectly fine injury call up, nothing else.

I don't hate the guy, I just see nothing there. Every time he gets called up, I think.. "meh" instead of being excited.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I don't hate the guy, I just see nothing there. Every time he gets called up, I think.. "meh" instead of being excited.

I was talking more about the people who say they can't wait until he's out of the organization. "Meh" was my exact response when he got called up as well, but that's pretty much a given when your team calls up a 31 year old depth player.

I just think he's such a nondescript player that he shouldn't be all that polarizing. He's a good guy to have in the AHL and he can play a game or two for you in a pinch and look competent.

I'd rather see any of Rust, Uher or Farnham up here, though. Jonathan Bombulie has been pushing hard for Farnham to get the call, hopefully someone listens to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad