Post-Game Talk: Disaster

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Another embarassing loss for the Leafs.

Our defense and goaltending is a complete disaster, can't imagine us doing much in the playoffs against actually good teams like this. This was the epitome of Leafs games - lost both by horrible D, and sub-NHL goaltending.

100% on Dubas for destroying this team's cap structure and thinking Mrazek was a legitimate option, when his career proved otherwise.

If anyone is blaming the refs now, just wait for the playoffs. They aren't going to save this mess.

Okay let’s get something straight. The mess that is Mrazek is 100% on Mrazek and him alone. He’s got plenty of history, and recent history at that, of very solid tandem goalie play. His contract is arguably a little rich even as a UFA, but he wasn’t a bad target at all on paper which is really all Dubas can do. He doesn’t play the games

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Another embarassing loss for the Leafs.

Our defense and goaltending is a complete disaster, can't imagine us doing much in the playoffs against actually good teams like this. This was the epitome of Leafs games - lost both by horrible D, and sub-NHL goaltending.

100% on Dubas for destroying this team's cap structure and thinking Mrazek was a legitimate option, when his career proved otherwise.

If anyone is blaming the refs now, just wait for the playoffs. They aren't going to save this mess.

As I said in the GDT. Watching Leafs under Dubas/Keefe has been really terrible for my mental health

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Okay, so I previously said unless there was a clown show in the crease today because it’s an outdoor game to give him the week, that was a full on wind up car with 15 red nosed powder faced bozos climbing out of it. Hit the phone lines Kyle, something needs to be done.

Reactions: saffronleaf

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Hey guys this is Kyle, I really believe in this core, and our goaltending is starting to come around. Now if you excuse me, I need to go trade the next 5 1st rd picks and our top 3 prospects to save my job, stay strong! Trust in dubie!
Probably wiser to work on his resume.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Why do people say Mrazek doesn't bail out the D?

He bails them out every game. When they make massive mistakes, he finds a way to out-do them and takes the full blame.

I guess one problem at a time though. Goalie is no.1 issue, can't escape that.

Metalwood

Sep 30, 2021
Hard to win when everyone is waiting for the next bad goal... Tough times. I guess Freddy wasn't the problem and he's killing it in Carolina. Problem is nobody is going to throw Dubas a life preserver he will have to overpay for some goalie. Kerfoot to Chi for MAF?

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
There’s no good answer for this team at the TDL. I suppose trading for someone’s below average backup would probably be a better option than going back to Petr “The Sieve” Mrazek.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Mrazek made that one cool looking glove save though! where he had to react last minute because he couldnt track it

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I think it's apparent we're all terrified what a team like Tampa would do in a 7 game series against our goaltending/defense.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Is no one going to talk about Keefe and his decsion making ?

Mrazek over anyone but especially when the kid showed some promise

Robertsson being benched in favor of two aging slow vets

We need wins keefe not being liked

Our D are horrible. Lilly is not ready

But what do i know. Im old and senile

To be fair I doubt Robertson makes a huge impact on the game when our goalies can't allow less then 4 goals a game right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad