GDT: Dirty Sharries vs 13th in a row dream is over, in sexy Scotiabank Saddledome, 3 am UTC

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
f***ing Savard
Tough one for your team tonight, but the Oilers are on a mission and will not be stopped. We tried to tell you that when you came over to our site. Playing solid defensive hockey from the top to bottom and getting good goaltending. Your goalie played really well though and kept it close though.

Reactions: OILLIO

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
One of the worst games I’ve ever sat through, easily. Vladar died for this.

Writing is on the wall, time for the Flames to make some moves for the future. Do it before Lindholms value evaporates even further.

Reactions: Tofveve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Trade/fire everybody etc

Flames aren't a good enough team to have half the roster have good games and win. It's an all hands on deck or get your ass handed to you kind of a team.

Good - Vladar was excellent, score could have been better definitely but it also could have been much worse. Weegar a strong outing, nice to see. Kadri I didn't have much problem with, picked off a lot of pucks, was trying to make plays. Tanev is the only guy I would want to re-sign, especially if you can keep it around what he's making now. Our organizational RHD depth is questionable.
Backlund line I thought were all quality, just couldn't buy a goal.

Pretty good - Huberdeau I thought had some nice passes, nice possessions. But score a goal maybe. Andersson unlucky on that bullshit ass GWG bounce but otherwise solid. Greer and Klapka nice energy, some physical shifts.

OK - not sure why Ruzicka was checking Draisaitl in a home game so often but I think he was alright in that matchup. Hanifin? Has a knack for looking good but not really accomplishing much.

Bad - Zary and Coronato both kept quiet in a tightly checked physical game. They're both rookies on the small side so that shouldn't be surprising. Learning experience for them. Sharangovich very rough, just not his night. Lindholm barely moving his feet. They were both -3. Gilbert-Oesterle I do not like, it's gotta be Gilbert-DeSimone or something else. Kylington get well soon <3

at least the Bruins won and the Packers lost

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Hate losing to the greasers, but did enjoy seeing Mc avi still up to his same stuff, casually skating out of our zone while we're on a 3 on 1 and score.

Mc avi Get it?? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Writing is on the wall, time for the Flames to make some moves for the future. Do it before Lindholms value evaporates even further.

I wasn't there in person obviously but in both of these last two games we played pretty bad, particularly in the 3rd periods. Terrible. In both games the score should have been way worse but for Vlad.

And I agree about Lindholm as well. I really don't understand our teams inability to make moves with our players who we clearly know have diminishing value to us first but then on the market. It's ridiculous. I can't pinpoint exactly when this started but for sure I've seen it glaringly with Brodie's and then Monahan's tenures here.

Reactions: deleted user

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I wasn't there in person obviously but in both of these last two games we played pretty bad, particularly in the 3rd periods. Terrible. In both games the score should have been way worse but for Vlad.

And I agree about Lindholm as well. I really don't understand our teams inability to make moves with our players who we clearly know have diminishing value to us first but then on the market. It's ridiculous. I can't pinpoint exactly when this started but for sure I've seen it glaringly with Brodie's and then Monahan's tenures here.
Those are very good examples.

Reactions: Tofveve

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No Flames fan would ever admit to cheering for the Canucks or the Oilers, you're the fraud buddy not me.
I'd cheer for anything if it helped the Flames. Even the Canucks or Oilers. I look at is as cheering for the Flames, but we all know that's copium.

So yeah, you'd be wrong.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

With the cap system how it is, players gain value as the season gets further along. The deadline is 6.5 weeks away, that's still about 26% of a players cap hit. So for Lindholm, Tanev and Hanifin that makes a difference of a million dollars each to the acquiring team.

I know it doesn't matter for teams in LTIR but if a team like STL, DAL, FLA, WPG, DET, NSH, or ARZ who are under the cap is interested it matters a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad