Dirtiest player in NHL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
I'm shocked no one has mentioned Bobby Holik. Marchment gets my vote for today's NHL, but Bob Hole has got to be a close second. All time, Ulf is the consensus pick, just for consistentcy. Lots of goons out there with reputations for brawling, and players with one or two big incidents (Mc Sorley, Tucker) but to be the worst requires a career based on cheapshots.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
jiggs 10 said:
Of all time? Bobby Clarke, easily. Although from what I've read, Eddie Shore was no saint!

Mark Messier is a chicken-sh*t player, too, and always has been! He's gooned more people and gotten away with it than anyone I've every seen in 35 years of watching. Sickening.

The Rocket was a cheap player, too, remember. He thought nothing of clubbing others in the head with his stick if he perceived that they had tried to stop him in some way.

Scott Stevens and Derian Hatcher are right up there. Total dirty players who REFUSE to hit without leading with their elbows to the face. Go sit for a few minutes, boys. Like 2 minutes for elbowing, or 5 for intent to injure. Scum.

Aren't those guys just playing old time hockey?

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Any Finns qualify? Tikkanen was only a pest, but what about Jarkko Ruutu? Or does he fall in the dumb penalty category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad