Speculation: Dion Phaneuf

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Please don't get me wrong. Killorn is not a star and he is not untouchable, but you don't just throw away .5 PPG players (exactly 60 points in exactly 120 games) who can also play a physical game and are solid in the defensive zone. Guys like Killorn don't grow on trees and we shouldn't just throw him out as scraps in a trade.

It's also important to remember that his season was going very well until Stamkos got injured. That's when we tried to switch him over to center and it turned into a trainwreck. He never really found his game after that. He still has some offensive upside.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I don't have a problem with Killorn and I do think that he's a player that can grow and who knows, maybe Callahan can have a positive influence on him to become a more well-rounded winger who can help do all those extra stuff. I will say that I wouldn't be surped if FYzerman will do another trade but I also wouldn't be surprised if he didn't, because by the way this team looks on paper I do think that even Yzerman must be getting exited and maybe he would make the choice if nothing great comes up to wait until at least that february western showdown to see if there is anything missing and maybe make a trade then, who really knows with him but that's what makes him such a goog gm, he doesn't settle but he also don't seem to rush things which is reslly good.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Someone on the Toronto board (and someone else on Twitter, maybe same guy, who knows) reporting that Phaneuf got "tuned up" in a fight at a golf course in Cape Breton because he was told to stop spitting tobacco juice.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Someone on the Toronto board (and someone else on Twitter, maybe same guy, who knows) reporting that Phaneuf got "tuned up" in a fight at a golf course in Cape Breton because he was told to stop spitting tobacco juice.

"Tuned up"? So he lost?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'm nosy. Who fought him? (Lol)

Someone who lived there or a member, I guess. The only website that has a "writeup" requires a subscription. The rest is Twitter posts, and the mention of a Vancouver radio show (and for all I know that's just echo chamber).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad