Dion Phaneuf Appreciation Thread

Big Papa Cheese

Sep 25, 2013
I find it really funny when people say, 'we should just get a new number one defensemen'. Like do you not understand how hard it is to be/find a great defensemen in the nhl!

hockeyfanz*

I find it really funny when people say, 'we should just get a new number one defensemen'. Like do you not understand how hard it is to be/find a great defensemen in the nhl![/QUOTE]

Yup....almost as hard as winning the Stanley Cup. :D

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
He's playing quite well this year, I have to admit. Calmer and much better shot selection on the PP, more intelligent hitting. Him and Gunnar make a very good pair.

Still a little too nonchalant for my liking about getting back into position at times, but you can't argue with the results so far. Still sometimes wonder about the guy's conditioning.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He's playing quite well this year, I have to admit. Calmer and much better shot selection on the PP, more intelligent hitting. Him and Gunnar make a very good pair.

Still a little too nonchalant for my liking about getting back into position at times, but you can't argue with the results so far. Still sometimes wonder about the guy's conditioning.

If he could improve his cardio, he could take his game to another level.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You guys are mistaking calm, patience and poise for nonchalance.

If you think he's not fit...you're nuts.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010

Dion is very dedicated to his conditioning, apparently during his time in Calgary he was the only one to come close to Iginla's fitness tests.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Dion is very dedicated to his conditioning, apparently during his time in Calgary he was the only one to come close to Iginla's fitness tests.

I could not possibly care less what apparently happened in Calgary. Some nights he's completely gassed after 20 minutes. People are always talking about how crazy his minutes are. They aren't, he falls right on average for #1 defensemen around the league. Zdeno Chara is dedicated to his conditioning. Phaneuf, apparently, is not.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
This is the way he usually plays. His gaffs only occur due to exhaustion, so pretty much whenever Carlyle overplays him. I'm not surprised in the least with how he's performing.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
4 years at 6.5... or longer at a smaller front-loaded contract.. He has been solid for us overall, and has been our best D this year without a doubt

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Phaneuf has been incredible thus far. I don't even think I can remember any plays where he was the main guy at fault so far this year. He's the only competent d-man who plays well almost every game.

I just hope he can keep it up though. He's started off great before only to slow down later in the season.

It is funny though how everyone here was freaking out at him during pre-season and whining and *****ing. Those of you who did all look like absolute morons now.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Hey guys,

Did you know that Dion Phaneuf has a younger brother, Dane, who currently plays for the Sherwood Park Crusaders of the Alberta Junior Hockey League?

http://ajhl.esportsdesk.com/leagues...ueID=3464&playerID=933547&teamID=378818&pos=D

_02_phaneuf.jpg

PHANEUF, Dane

Current Team: Sherwood Park Crusaders

Jersey Number: 2

Position: D

Height: 5'10

Weight: 180

Hometown: Edmonton, AB

Shoots: Right

Date of Birth: January 29, 1994 (19 years)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad