Dino Ciccarelli Versus Corey Perry...

Which would you rather have in his prime?

• Total voters

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Not a fan of any of these players but perhaps Perry is getting some extra unwarranted hate because of his annoying/corny frat boy looks. I haven't followed him that much but is he really that dirty?

There's nothing unwarranted about it and he absolutely is that dirty. In his career he has had an endless amount of cheap shots and he actually would have a much worse reputation had he spent his career in the East. You look at a guy like Brad Marchand, where all of his crap is on the nightly sportscasts, but Perry is, in my opinion, worse.

Any time he receives a hard hit in a game it's pretty much a guarantee that he will follow it up with a cheap shot. He's speared players countless times, slashed guys that are down on the ice in prone positions, goes after guys ankles, lays slashes in places where he knows equipment is vulnerable, etc. He's just a douchebag on skates.

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
Perry's Hart trophy is akin to Theodore's -- one and done, never in the conversation again. But Theodore arguably deserved his, whereas I'm pretty sure Perry didn't.

Ciccarelli has better longevity, so far, and I don't see Perry getting his form back. (He was paid 9 million dollars last season for scoring 17 goals.) Dino was actually 2nd in scoring to Gretzky for most of the 1986-87 season, but a few players caught him by the end. It's not that dissimilar a peak to Perry's.

There's something very unlikable about Perry, and Ciccarelli has a cooler name.

Ciccarelli was likeable?

OT- Only watched Perry in the olympics really and not too familiar with his play. Ciccarelli was one of the best crease men I've ever seen but also a complete spas in all the wrong ways. I'm willing to bet if there was a way to measure abuse taken during an entire career I'm willing to bet Dino would be close to the top or at the top though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad