Blue Jays Discussion: #Dingerz in Texas - Jays 2 - 0 Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Price starting in the postseason is awful. When it's a pressure packed situation, he really can't control his ****

To be fair, it seems like in some of his losses or no decisions he just gets hits hard despite making the same good pitches he would in the regular season. But a lot of it is mental now.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
To be fair, it seems like in some of his losses or no decisions he just gets hits hard despite making the same good pitches he would in the regular season. But a lot of it is mental now.

Eventually it really is a self fulfilling prophecy.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Walker: You OK to go out in the Ninth ?
Osuna: I'm good
35d3sox.jpg

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not putting the cart before the horse but I imagine we would match up better against Cleveland right?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Probably the mental game is getting to him, he needs to lay it out on the line and not worry about what people think about him.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Eventually it really is a self fulfilling prophecy.

The Chisenhall HR wasn't even a horrible pitch. Sometimes you just get hit hard. Unfortunately for Price he's just had a series of bad games plus unlucky games that add up to a Mike Vernon type playoff career. Although Vernon won a Cup at least.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Any update on Lariano? **** man that's brutal

I wouldn't expect to hear anything until maybe tomorrow.

I highly suspect that the whole ambulance/stretcher thing is simply standard procedure for someone with a potential head injury. They'll do the standard tests (X-Rays, MRI, whatever) and we likely won't hear anything until the Jays decide to let us know.

Actually, won't there be a press conference tomorrow afternoon for Gibbons and Sanchez for Sunday's game? If so, then there's a good chance that's when we'll hear.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
So does Tulo hit ahead of Russ next game? Is there any reason he shouldn't? If I don't get any reasons he shouldn't, then I'll take it as that he should hit ahead, but no one wants to speak out against Gibby (or something along those lines). Tulo has been amazing at the dish so far this post season (and had a better regular season), and Russ has not. Seems like an obvious move that should be made in the batting order.

Think of it this way: there's runners on 2nd and 3rd, there's 2 out, and instead of what could be Tulo at the plate, it's Russ Martin. Is that seriously acceptable at this point? If not, then at what point do you make the change?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Probably the mental game is getting to him, he needs to lay it out on the line and not worry about what people think about him.

I think a string of bad luck plus self fulfilling poor performances have added up to a disappointing playoff career.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So does Tulo hit ahead of Russ next game? Is there any reason he shouldn't? If I don't get any reasons he shouldn't, then I'll take it as that he should hit ahead, but no one wants to speak out against Gibby (or something along those lines). Tulo has been amazing at the dish so far this post season (and had a better regular season), and Russ has not. Seems like an obvious move that should be made in the batting order.

Think of it this way: there's runners on 2nd and 3rd, there's 2 out, and instead of what could be Tulo at the plate, it's Russ Martin. Is that seriously acceptable at this point? If not, then at what point do you make the change?

The thinking is that Tulo gives Martin easier pitches to hit. And I think Tulo struggled when placed higher up in the order.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

It's possible that you might not get your reasons because people just can't be bothered to answer the question.

That being said, Gibby may not want to shake up the lineup too much because players are comfortable batting where they are and the Jays are on a five game winning streak.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The AL version of Kershaw?
I love me some Kershaw but his postseasons have a lot to be left desired

Kershaw's troubles have been that he's matched up with other great pitchers seemingly every start. That and facing the Giants.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That lady in the white shirt behind the RH batters box is quite attractive.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
vra3xv.jpg

Deer in headlights, moments before "the pitch".

2hxozs3.jpg

heh.
Cleveland staff made the guy put the sign away.

f02qrt.jpg

Thank you for your strength, I feel it.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
It's possible that you might not get your reasons because people just can't be bothered to answer the question.

That being said, Gibby may not want to shake up the lineup too much because players are comfortable batting where they are and the Jays are on a five game winning streak.

I just can't ever, EVER buy that "not shake up the lineup" answer. Travis was out for Barney, and they still won tonight. That didn't affect their ability to win. So moving Tulo up ONE spot and moving Russ down ONE spot is going to cause an internal catastrophe, and everyone is gonna fall to pieces, and every one strikes out at every single AB? That's obviously an exaggeration to make a point, but I just can't ever buy that. There's always roster changes here and there -- even during the game. Look at the 9th, with Upton coming in the game in order to (badly) play the LF. So don't take this as an attack, as I know you're just throwing out a "maybe this" type answer, and I appreciate you answering my question; but yeah, I just don't buy this type of answer -- at least not in baseball. In other sports, like hockey, changing a line that has otherwise been working can have a huge adverse effect to its on-ice success. Baseball is sort of it's own type of beast, though.

Anyway, hope they continue to chug along -- even in spite of this type of junk. I've heard many baseball analysts mention that Gibby is loyal to a fault, and I definitely see that all the time. That explains so much about him, now that I look back at the mistakes I've thought he's made over the course of the season. But I also know that no manager is perfect. So again, I just hope the Jays continue to chug along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad