Blue Jays Discussion: #Dingerz in Texas - Jays 2 - 0 Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I wonder how long it'll take teams to realize Price is baseball's version of Mike Vernon.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
He does so much deep sighing ... even in no pressure situations ... you can feel he stresses himself out.

2my6k4k.jpg

k56ds1.jpg

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is worse than any of his playoff starts last year with the Jays.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Cleveland is not unlikeable. At least not yet.

Think about it, Shapiro has his fingerprints all over two AL teams that have a pretty great chance of meeting up in the ALCS.

Also outside of Guyer I like that team. Actually on second thought I hate Jose Ramirez because he's so damn good at hitting with two strikes.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Man, was I wrong. I thought spending per year what it would cost to keep Price on Happ and Estrada was a massive mistake and a sign of week ownership. So far Happ and Estrada have pitched 13.1 innings with 2ER, and Price has gone 1.1 inning and has given up 4 runs.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Well at least it's not like Porcello lit the world on fire last night. Though this could be it for the Sux.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
In the playoffs, pitching is king. Jays and Indians are showing that so far.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Man, was I wrong. I thought spending per year what it would cost to keep Price on Happ and Estrada was a massive mistake and a sign of week ownership. So far Happ and Estrada have pitched 13.1 innings with 2ER, and Price has gone 1.1 inning and has given up 4 runs.

Man, if only there was someone or some group of people who could have assured you that that was the case when the signings first happened...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Think about it, Shapiro has his fingerprints all over two AL teams that have a pretty great chance of meeting up in the ALCS.

Also outside of Guyer I like that team. Actually on second thought I hate Jose Ramirez because he's so damn good at hitting with two strikes.

Fully agree.

Plus I think the Indians are a better matchup for the Jays if they both make the ALCS.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I will also gladly eat my David Price related crow at this point.

I do think the Indians are way more dangerous than people are giving them credit for though. Salazar/Bauer always give us fits (we beat the everlasting crap out of Kluber though), and Tito is a GOAT manager while John Farrell is...not a GOAT manager.

The one plus side if it happens - every game in Cleveland is a Friday/Saturday. If we can pull a Rogers Centre south in the playoffs (don't think Cleveland has released ALCS tickets yet) that would be ridiculous.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Just wait till his decline starts as early as next season.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013

Have to admit, I was one of the ones upset with Price leaving. That helps to explain why Shapiro is a baseball GM and I am just a fan on the outside looking in. Got yo give kudos to Shapiro and Atkins on their moves with signing Happ/Estrada, and letting Price walk.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
The real impact of last seasons moves will be felt this offseason when we have a ton of wiggle room to retool the roster.

Opportunity cost my friends.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Have to admit, I was one of the ones upset with Price leaving. That helps to explain why Shapiro is a baseball GM and I am just a fan on the outside looking in. Got yo give kudos to Shapiro and Atkins on their moves with signing Happ/Estrada, and letting Price walk.

You're right. Fans can rarely have that kind of intelligent foresight. To be able to take quantitative financial and economic information and apply to baseball and the asset management therein. Like seriously, who knew, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad